Where is the file for the main content???

Guest dillingerink

Guest dillingerink

I don't know what my deal is but I can't find the file you work with to modify the layout of the latest products, and the main page content (welcome to cubecart etc...)??

I don't know what my deal is but I can't find the file you work with to modify the layout of the latest products, and the main page content (welcome to cubecart etc...)??

Example ;

/language/en/home.inc.php

Be carefull how you edit this as its rendered php!

/language/en/home.inc.php

This is NOT recommended :) unless you need to edit the php itself, and you know what you are doing with it!

Here is your answer:

1. Welcome stuff is edited in your ACP, click Homepage under site documents in navigation bar. Edit the content through fckeditor. The file above must be chmod 777 to accept your edits.

2. CSS styles can be edited in skins/xx/styleSheets/layout.css and style.css

3. The html behind this page can be edited in skins/xx/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

In the latter file, be careful of the comments - the html comments <!-- BEGIN: etc. and <!-- END: etc. are actually cues telling the php where to parse sections of the page, and the variables {ETC...} are assigned outputs from the php file. Everything else there is simple html . . .