slow data base entry

rnrewebsite

Is there a fix for this...ive been adding categories and sub categories ..now that im at about 1600 cats it wants to slow down , everything else on the store works fine.....last night i had the data base error on me.in the categories..so i ended up reinstalling the store.

(heres what it does..) when i click the add..{in add categories}it seems to lag bad while loading up the list of categories that already are there...which gives me a fatal error message...excessed max time 30 seconds.it will sayin - index.php or db_ php .anyone have a idea as to whats going on here?

A friend had this error and it turned out to be a problem with the hosting company. They moved her site to a different server and it solved the problem. She also has more than 1000 categories and no one here had a suggestion.

So I'd suggest contacting your hosting company about it.

A friend had this error and it turned out to be a problem with the hosting company. They moved her site to a different server and it solved the problem. She also has more than 1000 categories and no one here had a suggestion.

So I'd suggest contacting your hosting company about it.

this cubecart is turning out to be the million dollar store...ive now moved it onto its own server with unlimited you name it...and still I get this after all that...

I think if it didnt have to reload all the categories everytime you wanted to add a category it may not do this cause to me thats whats stalling it out

only have it load them when you click view categories..

Anyone?

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in

/storefront/classes/db.inc.php on line 71 <<(theres more to this string the home/user/host/ )

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in

/storefront/includes/functions.inc.php on line 229 <<(theres more to this string the home/user/host/ )

Don't see how it's possible since my friend didn't change any coding on her store and it no longer causes this message after they moved her site. She didn't pay more, just moved from one server to another. There was probably a setting on the old server that was causing the problem, but no one knew what it was.

Have you asked your hosts if they can increase the allowed time to run scripts?

Active Users

586 users online including.

Mysty, Sooriyakumar, voyager1, Michel Weegerink, dcbiz07, micheal332001, rwdistributing, subten, vorlockfoss, anhtruong, fullmoon, johncrook, skybluekid, sweden, jt007, stever, robert8450, coded, Goffe, Stevie68, sales, Mojomx.

All these people online here and noo one can tell me why my cubecart is doing what its doing...Thank you Mysty for trying to help think ive spent enought waisted money on this project,ill take the bussiness somewhere else........Peace :)

Guest EverythingWeb

Out of those members, maybe not one of them has a store of a similar size to yours?

Okay, let me explain some 'server technology' principals. You may well have moved to a dedicated server or similar, but have you tweaked the PHP confirugration to allow more memory allocation to a script or increase the allowed execution time?

Why don't you try those, rather than moving onto a vanilla server which still requires customising for your environment? Your environment may be 100 times different to the environment which my customers require for their store to functions properly.

Give it a whirl, and ask your hosting company to take responsibility for something which THEY can sort out. This problem is solvable - it just requires someone to accept responsibility.