A Few Skinning Questions

Guest skiptown

Guest skiptown

www.namasteglass.net

I have recently developed my site. I would like any information about what adjustments could be made to make the column on the left ( popular products, featured products, categories, mailing list, etc) longer. I would like that column to run all the way down to the bottom of the page with the category bar ( about us, contact us, etc).

I would also like any info on which adjustment to have the backgorund of the copyright area match the rest of the blue. It is only like that on subcategory pages not the main page or single products pages.

http://www.namasteglass.net/store/index.ph...Cat&catId=5

Thanks for your time.

Guest wamasterhunter

If you are talking about the boxes in the homepage, that stays the same thoughout the sitedocs and the homepage, and so if you change it there, it will change in the other pages. The best thing to do would be to take out some text in the page.

this is rather easily accomplished with a background image, but easier to do than to explain.

as to the second problem, with copyright text in wrong place, this s due to an extra <div> or </div> tag in the template on viewCat page. find the extra tag and get rid of it. You should have an equal number of <div> and </div> tags

Caveat - if you actually do have an equal number, one of them will be misplaced. You have to nest properly with <!-- BEGIN: xxx --> and <!-- END: xxx --> tags.

Guest skiptown

Thanks for the tips.

Mark I will experiment with a background image. I am somewhat familiar with the process of repeating the image to fill in an area. (if that's what your refering to). I'll see if I can't dig up a old post somewhere.

I will also look for a missing or misplaced tag.

Thanks