Googe Base No Longer Accepting Cubecart Files

Guest healingandrevival

Guest healingandrevival

I got the following e-mail message from Froogle about the Google Base files I am uploading:

Because we think it's important to provide a consistent user experience, we will no longer list items that don't meet a minimal number of attributes by the end of February 2007. Please review the following bulk uploads - they do not currently meet the minimum attribute requirement:

Is someone working on this?

Guest randy48

updating to 3.15 makes no difference I have 3.15 and still get the same error from google base.

There were several others topics related to this yesterday but they all disappeared.

Guest chantesse

Dang! is there a workaround?

My today's Froogle UK upload was accepted and status of items is already showing but I expect the warning email shortly. I believe there is a thread where this is solved as a retrofit. When I get to it I will update.

[ EDIT ] Well there is a paid for fix, GBP 5 - search in cubecart.org for "Google Base Feed Fix"

Guest healingandrevival

Although I appreciate the mod being available I believe that this is significant enough that it should be addressed by cubecart itself. I understand that Brooky is very busy but this seems like a big deal to me. Thanks.

Guest chantesse

I sympathize but if a retro-fix is reliable, good and cheap I would apply it without hesitation.

Anyone tried that fix and is it any good / does involve modifying your Cubecart database in an undesirable way?

Oddly enough my upload to Froogle UK from unmodified Cubecart 3.09 is being accepted and I didn't get any warning message yet.

Guest conspicuouschick

Although I appreciate the mod being available I believe that this is significant enough that it should be addressed by cubecart itself. I understand that Brooky is very busy but this seems like a big deal to me. Thanks.

I completely concur. The feed is included as a cart feature. By asking users to now pay - a third party - to continue this feature is, in essence, taking it away. I dont mind paying for mods that may not be in great demand but fulfill my specific needs/wants, but the feed is something every cubecart user should/could be utilizing.

Guest chantesse

For some reason Froogle UK accepts my Cubecart 3.09 product feed and made it live and searchable with no complaining email being received. It is as if Froogle UK has different rules from Google Base. Anyone else found this?

Oh, and per the above, from conspicuouschic, has anyone logged this on Flyspray which is where bugs are meant to be logged?

Guest dennis0160

:rolly: I downloaded mod for this Live feed the problem is your descriptions at the very top ove your live upload open up you feed and edit top titles, should look like below

Title Link Price Image_Link Description

google will accept because these are there required titles

The UK site has accepted our 3.0.15 submission.

Wonder how long it will be before it goes the same way though?