Shipping cost is not added to total when transferred to paypal

Guest seguse

Guest seguse

I have my website with cubecart. I have UPS shipping setup and all my products have a shipping weight. For some reason when a customer adds something to their cart and chooses UPS ground and then gets transfered to paypal, it does not add the shipping charge.

So if an item is $55.00 and shipping is $20.00. Once it transfers them to paypal, the total payment shows as $55 and not $75.00.

Can anybody help me on this please.

Guest groovejuice

There is a setting in your PayPal profile under shipping to override the default PayPal shipping charges. This may be where your problem is.

Guest seguse

Under Profile in my Paypal account there is...

Selling Preferences > Shipping Preferences

Default Shipping Carrier = UPS

I have it set correctly. I am still having the same problem

In the cubecart admin...

Modules > Shipping

UPS is configured and has a green square. Also the "By Weight" has a green square.

I am still having the same issue. Any other idea's?

Guest groovejuice

It sounds to me like PayPal is over riding the UPS shipping costs calculated by CC and adding its own -because you told it to. Scroll down the page in PayPal and check the box to allow PayPal to accept the values CC is sending.

Alternatively, try to disable shipping by weight, and leave UPS as the only shipping option, and see if that works.

Guest seguse

I created a test account to see if it is working. I'm getting this error also.

MySQL Error Occured

2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

QUERY = UPDATE CubeCart_sessions SET `location`='/cart.php?act=step2', `timeLast`= '1173828779' WHERE sessId='78b2be8a1d48c477706f2adb9713eb9c'

Using the Firefox browser.

I just used my test account and used Internet Explorer 7 and it worked a lot better, but I'm still having the issue with having it add the shipping cost.

Guest seguse

SOLVED: HERE IS WHAT I DID TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

Go to your paypal account. Click "Profile"

Click Shipping Calculations under Selling Preferences.

There is a box at the very bottom that says "Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)."

I checked that box and everything is working fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED: HERE IS WHAT I DID TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

Go to your paypal account. Click "Profile"

Click Shipping Calculations under Selling Preferences.

There is a box at the very bottom that says "Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled)."

I checked that box and everything is working fine now.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Helped me greatly.