Template development and design? Easy?!

I'm thinking of starting an online store in the coming months and was wondering how easy it is to design and develop a template for a cubecart store?

I'm an experienced web designer and in terms of CSS and funky graphics so the design would be easy.

I'm just worried that when I get onto the actual development of the template, Cubecart will restrict me to certain things.

How much of Cubecart can be modified to suit any shopping store design?

Also, are there any good manuals online to teach me how to design templates?

Many Thanks

Tim :huh:

Ahh right I see.

Is there a particular file that you use to create the template or do you just work on a CSS file?

In the past I have build templates for CMS websites like Joomla/Mambo and all I would do is create the template in Dreamweaver and drop in the module code within the areas they have to go.

You'll find the CubeCart code makes more sense than most. What you will need you will find in the skins folder. In there, you find all folders for the skin design. You will note the css files easily enough. Most store pages are built on global/index.tpl and the rest are built on global/cart.tpl. I am going to PM a link to a tutorial that might help with the {CAPITAL_NAMES} in curly cues that you find in the templates.

:huh: