In desperate need of shipping by weight help!

scythe000

Ok, I'm using shipping by weight, latest version of CubeCart,

Zone 1 is set to US,

Handling fee is 2,

rates are 10:10.00,20:15.00,35:20.00

payment is by paypal.

Now, everything looks ok, but when it finally transfers to Paypal, it always sets the shipping fee at $2.00 for any weights to any place.

Any Ideas? I've got orders waiting, and I don't know what to do.

Thanks!

Ken

My best guess is that you didn't format the price line correctly as its just adding the handling fee and nothing more.

What do you have in the ISO and 1st class rate fields? You should have something like:

Countries: US

1st Class: 1:4.05,2:6.05,3:9.00,etc

My best guess is that you didn't format the price line correctly as its just adding the handling fee and nothing more.

What do you have in the ISO and 1st class rate fields? You should have something like:

Countries: US

1st Class: 1:4.05,2:6.05,3:9.00,etc

Yeah mine are similar to that. Do you have the complete list of proper 1st class weight ratios? I used the ones someone had posted in a thread here, but I'm not sure that they are correct. Also, does anyone know what 2nd class means for USPS? Is that parcel post or priority mail?

TIA!

You can set it up anyway you want. I have my first class set as priority mail (and changed the text in my language file to "Standard Shipping") and set up 2nd class mail as "Express Shipping" using Express Mail rates and changed that language file to that as well as I ship everything via Priority Mail and use the free boxes from the post office. I also have free daily carrier pickup so this works very well for me.

I don't have a chart for 1st class mail but you can find the rate chart on USPS.com. They have the ones for all their services there so you can easily put them in the field (I did it in notepad first and then just copied and pasted it to the field line since it's easier to review in something else).