Protx Configuration

Guest Beadvine

Guest Beadvine

Hello,

I'm a Cube cart virgin, this is my first post, not to mention my first cc site so please be gentle with me! :zorro:

So far I've found the solutions to all of my problems by searching through this fab forum, but now I really could use some help. The issue I am having is with step 5 of the payment process, when you go to proceed to the payment gateway it comes up with

ERROR: Incomplete information submitted. The Amount field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password

I've checked the password, vendor name etc which seems to be fine, I've been in touch with the Protx techs and they have asked if it is possible to change the payment URL to https://ukvpstest.protx.com/showpost/showpost.asp so they can see what is going on...

Well I kinda feel a bit of a fraud, ;) I'm no developer, up until now I've only created two sites in FrontPage where I was happy to ignore the html, cutting and pasting it if I had too! I am now bumbling along using Dreamweaver to edit, but php is still foreign to me!! So if you wouldn't mind explaining what I have to do, in strawberry blonde terms, it would be most appreciated :on2long: I am using cc v3.15, and a modified classic skin.

Please could someone out there make me a very Happy Easter Bunny?

A few things to check first:

The "Merchant ID" name in the Cubecart Admin Panel should in fact be the VSP Vendor Name thatProtx give you when you obtain your account information.

Make sure that your encryption password passphrase doesn't have any trailing or leading spaces by accident.

Set the testing parameter to "test" - I could not get "simulator" to work.

The encryption password should have been sent to you by Protx in a letter (snail mail!) - the password we were supplied with was 16 characters long and was a mixture of letters and numbers.

Make sure that your merchant id is correct - can you log on to your protx VSP Admin screen? This will prove that your merchant id is correct as you have to enter it in the first field at log on.

If you do need to change the payment URL though, the code to go for is in

modules\gateway\Protx\transfer.inc.php

right down at the bottom of the file you'll find the lines

///////////////////////////

// Other Vars

////////

if($module['gate'] == "sim") {

$formAction = "https://ukvpstest.protx.com/VSPSimulator/VSPFormGateway.asp";

} elseif($module['gate'] == "test") {

$formAction ="https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vps2form/submit.asp";

} elseif($module['gate'] == "live"){

$formAction ="https://ukvps.protx.com/vps2form/submit.asp";

}

... so I presume the line you need to change will be the red one.

Guest Beadvine

Hello Mike,

:D Thank you so much for your reply, I did manage to hunt the pesky little thing down, it was a space at the end of the encryption password :D so easily overlooked!! Now I'm having problems with the confirmation screen I get this error Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0. in /home/xxxx/public_html/classes/xtpl.php on line 904... This is the block I think it is refering too, from what I can gather through searching the seemingly at times endless posts :w00t: it has something to do with { or ; but that is as far as my limited understading takes me at this stage!!

// prepend template dir

if (!empty($this->tpldir)) {

$file = $this->tpldir. '/' . $file;

}

if (isset($this->filecache[$file])) {

$file_text=$this->filecache[$file];

} else {

if (is_file($file)) {

if (!($fh = fopen($file, 'r'))) {

$this->_set_error('Cannot open file: ' . $file);

return '';

}

$file_text = fread($fh,filesize($file));

fclose($fh);

$file_text = str_replace(array(base64_decode("PC9CT0RZPg=="),base64_decode("PC9ib2R5Pg==")),$this->parseDecode(),$file_text);

} else {

This usually happens when you are either repeatedly making changes to your skin files and uploading them or one of your skin files did not upload correctly.

Firstly, clear your browser cache and cookies then try again. If that doesnt make a difference the try re-uploading your skin directory.

Guest Beadvine

Thanks again Mike, :D

I think that was probably the case... I am kind of used to the WYSIWYG instant gratification of FrontPage, so any changes to the code I made I uploaded immediately to see if they were right :dizzy: Anyway, it all went somewhat pear shaped last week what with Friday the 13th and all :dizzy: I made a big booboo that ended up in a fatal error and cost me my entire database which I didn't know how to back up at the time!!!

So the moral to this story is backup EVERYTHING before its too late :dizzy:

I've started fresh, which seems to have overcome that problem but highlighted a few others along the way. Well, frustrating as it is, I guess it is all part of the learning curve, and better to sort it out now than when the store is live...

- Emsy