What does the field of popularity refer to in Cubecart_inventory table

Guest Ben Tang

Guest Ben Tang

Hi Guys,

Do someone know what does the field of popularity refer to in Cubecart_inventory table? I am importing my product database into MySQL, but I got no idea for this field called popularity. Who can help me?

Also, There are two questions to go:

1.: How to make a standard size box to contain the dsiplayed product in the central of home page. (20 individual products to be displayed in the there.)

2. To show the products in the individual product page, how to move the image in the right hand side and move up the other information such as tell your friends, product ID and other information behind product name. Please advise me.

Thanks in antipication.

:errm:

The popularity field is a count of the page views that the product gets on the viewProd page. In otherwords, the number of "hits" a particular product receives. The more often that visitors view a product, the more popular it is considered to be by the cubecart logic, so it ranks in the populqar products box by page views.

Guest Ben Tang

The popularity field is a count of the page views that the product gets on the viewProd page. In otherwords, the number of "hits" a particular product receives. The more often that visitors view a product, the more popular it is considered to be by the cubecart logic, so it ranks in the populqar products box by page views.

IC. When I import the data on MySQL, will it be automatically generated? Please advise me. Thanks. Mark. :(

My sufggestion - don't worry to update that field when populating the store, unless you want to "weight" the popular products in the beginning. You could choose certain ones that you want to appear in the popular products list, and "weight" them by giving them some numbers in the popularity field. Otherwise, just leave that field blank.