Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters

Unbelievable!!

Why don't you just delete the cookies for the stores domain!?! You can do that through Firefox or on Windows.

e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Cookies

I got the same problem "Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters! Script execution has been halted"

I am really disappointed with Al's answer.

As a Director and Lead Developer, you should understand that there are many customers out there who don't know what to do with that issue. Do you expect them all have to delete their cookie every day?

That's crazy.

Guest Benchmark Avionics

I got the same problem "Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters! Script execution has been halted"

I am really disappointed with Al's answer.

As a Director and Lead Developer, you should understand that there are many customers out there who don't know what to do with that issue. Do you expect them all have to delete their cookie every day?

That's crazy.

I received this error the first time after install too. Am I going to get it everyday?

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem. After extensive googling it seems that the problem is that I had installed cubecart in the my web root directory.

After I created a store sub-directory and installed cubecart there, it worked perfectly.

• 2 months later...

I saw this discussion on a closed thread, so I have to add here.

I experience this error from admin quite a few times, but I never realized it could happen to customers!

Of course, you never will know that - the customer will just go away! The only reason that I found this was that I was looking over a customers shoulder when it happened... deeply embarrassed I suggested we could delete his cookies, but he couldn't be bothered, and decided to use another site... (not that I can blame him)

Did anyone find a fix for this??

Cheers

David

I saw this discussion on a closed thread, so I have to add here.

I experience this error from admin quite a few times, but I never realized it could happen to customers!

Of course, you never will know that - the customer will just go away! The only reason that I found this was that I was looking over a customers shoulder when it happened... deeply embarrassed I suggested we could delete his cookies, but he couldn't be bothered, and decided to use another site... (not that I can blame him)

Did anyone find a fix for this??

Cheers

David

I've just gotten this error after a few month of the store running perfectly. I need a fix as customers are complaining now.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

was this ever resolved?

I have just had a complaint for a customer about receiving this error:

Security Warning

Parsed array keys can not contain illegal characters! Script execution has been halted.

It may be possible to fix this error by deleting your browsers cookies and refresh this page.

Thankfully the customer called and placed their order over the phone. However most of our customers are 50+ so knowledge of cookies and their deletion is beyond most of them.

I do not wish to loose any customers due to this issue.

Thanks

Patricia

Guest muhajir

I have been running 3.0.15 and php 4.4.7 for about 5 months without problems. About a week or two ago the same message started appearing to my customers. The only changes that were made:

1. Hosting Service migrated to a new server

2. I changed the php Zend encoder to and IonCube encoder (due to another product that used Ioncube).

Could any of these cause the problems? What does the message mean anyway?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Guest kaskudoo

same problem here.

i have posted this in multiple places over the last few month - no one replies. i cannot believe that this is ot a larger problem ? :-/

EDIT:

THe problem seems to occur because line 76 in /includes/ini.inc.php

if (eregi('[^a-z0-9\-_\:\@\|]', urldecode($key)))

still returns true for upper case alpha (ABCDEF etc) on some servers.

I fixed the problem by replacing the above line with

if (preg_match('/[^a-zA-Z0-9\-_\:\@\|]/', urldecode($key)))

which works around whatever bug causes the false positives. As there's virtually no difference (except marginally more server processing) can't see why it can't be changed in a release.

this worked for me - good luck :D