Is not installing

I downloaded cubecart 3.0.13 to my desktop. 1. Clicked on the cubart folder. 2. Clicked on upload...Each time there are simply more and more folders but none of them actually install cubeart onto my computer. Am I missing something?

I downloaded cubecart 3.0.13 to my desktop. 1. Clicked on the cubart folder. 2. Clicked on upload...Each time there are simply more and more folders but none of them actually install cubeart onto my computer. Am I missing something?
In this case, the word "upload" is not a verb. That is, clicking on it will not cause any action. Used here, "upload" is a noun, the name of the folder containing files that must be uploaded by you.

The easiest way to upload (verb) uses a FTP (File Transfer Program). A 30-day free trial of an excellent one is available at www.flashfxp.com. You will also need the FTP to configure the settings for some of those files, process called CHMOD - which is a really simple thing to do.

The instructions for installing CubeCart are in one of the files you downloaded - and there are very good free videos on the CubeCart web site.

https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/index.php

Run the first one (Installing CubeCart) as many times as you need until you "get it." Then run it in one window and start the steps in another window, hitting the pause button after each step is shown, go to the active window, complete the step and restart the tutorial.

Hope that helps . . .

BTW, if your hosting service offers the Fantastico package, it will install CC for you with just a few clicks.

You say you downloaded CubeCart 3.0.13....I'd suggest getting the newest release, 3.0.15. No point in doing a fresh install with an older release.

:P

Thanks for the help. I seemed to have made progress just before your message posted. Apparently, my browser was the problem.. I use Safari because I'm on a Mac. As soon as I switched to the Firefox and found a FTP thingy for Mac it worked..almost. My last problem here is being able to log into Cubecart.

In this case, the word "upload" is not a verb. That is, clicking on it will not cause any action. Used here, "upload" is a noun, the name of the folder containing files that must be uploaded by you.

The easiest way to upload (verb) uses a FTP (File Transfer Program). A 30-day free trial of an excellent one is available at www.flashfxp.com. You will also need the FTP to configure the settings for some of those files, process called CHMOD - which is a really simple thing to do.

The instructions for installing CubeCart are in one of the files you downloaded - and there are very good free videos on the CubeCart web site.

https://www.cubecart.com/site/helpdesk/index.php

Run the first one (Installing CubeCart) as many times as you need until you "get it." Then run it in one window and start the steps in another window, hitting the pause button after each step is shown, go to the active window, complete the step and restart the tutorial.

Hope that helps . . .

BTW, if your hosting service offers the Fantastico package, it will install CC for you with just a few clicks.