How to load Ioncube?

Guest marline

Guest marline

I uploaded the file It asked for, but it is still not working, I would like to know step by step if possible how to load the ioncube loaders, I have had no luck!

Guest marline

I uploaded the file It asked for, but it is still not working, I would like to know step by step if possible how to load the ioncube loaders, I have had no luck!

Ok. the update,

now I get an error:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions//../../../../ioncube/ioncube_loader_fre_4.3.so' - Cannot execute objects on /p6/mnt/p6nfs3/b2f in /ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 411

does anyone know how to fix it !

Guest woodbtreasures

Ok damnit...this is getting downright irritating.

I cannot get it to do anything

Someone please give me some step by step instructions please for ioncube installation before I chuck my computer out the window.

This is the error that I'm getting on my site:

The file /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/index_enc_ion.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

I have installed the "all platforms" version because I didn't know which one to use. I have uploaded a folder named ioncube to my stores root directory and nothing.(I should also note that this is the same error that I have been receiving since I first installed. My attempts at installing ioncube have changed nothing as far as I can tell)

I'm sure this is problably very simple but it's extremely frustrating because I can usually figure these things out on my own with little problem and I'm not making any headway here at all.

Thanks in advance

~Jeremy

Ok..

Inside the ioncube directory, there should be 2 PHP files.

Run ioncube-loader-helper.php from your browser ie:

www.yourdomain.tld/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php

This script should verify that ioncube is running.

If its not running, or you see error messages, post back here.

It may be that the server is set-up to not allow this type of set-up.

It may also be worth chatting to your hosting company. They should have no problems with installing Zend Optimiser - its pretty simple, and lowers server overhead for PHP files (so they can cram more sites on the server...)

Let us know how you get on.

Jason

Guest Brivtech

Marline, please can you post the instructions I just sent you in a PM here.

I didn't realise that you had also opened up a topic for this, and that other people were having problems, otherwise I wouldn't have sent it by PM.

Thanks

My main belief why this error is occuring is because the wrong package was downloaded, each server has a slightly different configuration. While I found the (x86) packaged worked for me, it won't necessarily work for other people. You should contact your host to check which package to use that best fits your server. I did specify this in my common bugs fixed post, but perhaps not in enough detail for everyone to completely understand the implications.

It may also be worth chatting to your hosting company. They should have no problems with installing Zend Optimiser - its pretty simple, and lowers server overhead for PHP files (so they can cram more sites on the server...)

I already have Zend installed, but still got problems running it, so I had to go down the ioncube route.

Guest woodbtreasures

http://www.mysite.com/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php

The file /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ioncube/ioncube-encoded-file.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader.

Don't have time to contact the hosting company at the moment. Will have to try later today.

Guest woodbtreasures

I'm using the 'All Platforms' version. How can you possibley go wrong with the All versions flavor?

On a side note I did call the hosting company n my way to work. The customer support dude couldn't find any documentation on what flavor of OS they are using, but did owever tell me that they would install the zend optimizer for me this morning.

Is that going to help me or do I really need to know the OS?

Guest Brivtech

I'm speculating that perhaps you have to use a specific server version. I don't have the answers, but logic tells me that they have specific versions as the all platform version may not be entirely universal.

Guest woodbtreasures

Called customer support back...guy was very nice. Still going to install Zend just because, but is also going to find out OS version for me. I guess there is nothing to do now but wait.

As a side note Al, while I completely understand your desire for and reasoning behind encoding the page code...with all the newbies who use this software this cold turn into a gigantic headache for all of you.

Guest Brivtech

Jeremy, I just had a thought, don't know if it'll help, but it's something more to offer at least...

If you check over your php.ini information, The System field should tell you some of the information you need.

The issue will remain for Al though, I do have Zend Engine v1.3.0, Zend Extension Manager v1.0.10, Zend Optimizer v3.0.1 installed, but have had to go down the ioncube path, because for whatever reason, it don't like CC4 Beta! :)

Guest hennaboy

If your on windows....then if PHP is running ISAPI rather than CGI/FASTCGI (you can check in your php info) then ioncube will have to be loaded from the php.ini itself....the loaders dont work otherwise.

Not sure about other platforms though!

Just an aside, about the "all platforms version" - this is a misnomer, I don't think there is any such thing. There is an "all platforms" download - but this is just a zip archive that contains all the individual files for separate platforms. I'm fairly certain you still need to point to the correct platform version.

Guest woodbtreasures

The linux version details are added below. Please refer.

===========

root@www [~]# uname -a

Linux www.bigbluehost3.com 2.4.21-40.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Feb 2 22:22:39 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

root@www [~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor : 0

vendor_id : GenuineIntel

cpu family : 15

model : 4

model name : Intel® Xeon CPU 2.80GHz

stepping : 1

cpu MHz : 2793.091

cache size : 1024 KB

physical id : 0

siblings : 2

runqueue : 0

fdiv_bug : no

hlt_bug : no

f00f_bug : no

coma_bug : no

fpu : yes

fpu_exception : yes

cpuid level : 3

wp : yes

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm lm

bogomips : 5570.56

=========

I have tried all 3 Linux downloads x86, x86-64 and ppc and none will work.

Al do you think that you can figure this out...I've been messing with it ALL day and I've gotten nowhere.

Oh and I received another email from my webhost stating:

Hello Jeremy,

The IonCube is installed in the server. Please see the details below. Kindly let us know if you have any issues in running the cubecart in your website.

=======

PHP 4.4.2 (cli) (built: Jul 8 2006 17:28:42)

Copyright © 1997-2006 The PHP Group

Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright © 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.0.0, Copyright © 2002-2005, by ionCube Ltd.

I informed them that it's not working but I've yet to hear anything else back from them...

Guest woodbtreasures

Just got home from the movies...

They got it working for me!!!!

Too bad I gotta go to bed, I have to be to work in like 6 1/2 hours.