Order Confirmation Emails

I've searched the forums and found conflicting posts. When I do test purchases from my store, I receive an email notifying me of the sale, but as a customer, I don't receive one. I've found some posts that say email confirmations are not automatically sent and others that say that they are. I can't imagine that something as basic as purchase confirmation is not included in a shopping cart, but I can't find a definite answer. Is the customer automatically sent an email confirming the purchase?

Thanks,

Jan

The customer is sent an order confirmation once they have completed the checkout process and returned from your payment process. However, this does not apply to the Print Order Form gateway where a confirmation isnt sent although there is a free mod to allow this.

Thanks for the reply, Stevie. I looked over at the .org site, but didn't find the mod. Do you know who wrote it or how I can find it?

Thanks,

Jan

I was reading through your messages about automated e-mail confirmation. Yes, its true that an automated e-mail is sent to the customer, but only if the owner of the website changes the order status to Process (I think) in the Admin panel.

If it has not been changed, the customer would not receive the automated e-mail reply.

If a customer places an order at night time, she/he would expect an automated reply instantly just like from Amazon. But if the owner of the website is sleeping and looks at his/her mail the following day, the customer would receive the reply late which would do no favour to customer satisfaction.

In my earlier e-mail, I was referring to credit card processing - in my case it is NoChex. What I have observed in the case of NoChex, the customer only receive the automated e-mail once the owner of the website changes the status control of that order to Process. If the status hasn't been changed, the customer would not receive the automated e-mail. The customer would be in a disadvantaged state if for example the owner is in holidays or late for replying.

• 2 months later...
Guest angeland

The rules prevent me from providing a link to third party mods im afraid Jan but i can tell you that its by Estelle. Search for her username and if you dont find the mod in question you will atleast find her website :)

I wanna fix the same problem...

but the mod is no longer free..... :)