UK Payment Processor

vokf

Hi,

I'm quoting on a store for a UK based ltd company. They have an existing MA (with virtual terminal), but they will need a separate IMA, and I don't like the idea of the 3rd party manual credit card mod.

They won't want PayPal/NoChex, they'll want customers to stay on the store (ie not be sent to Mals etc), so it'll be a SSL on the store.

Can anyone recommend a suitable payment processor? The products are industrial equipment, not too sure of monthly turnover through the store, the company is £3M+pa, but the store will be a very small part of that.

I can see CC supports WorldPay and Protx- although I've been reading the lack of support from Protx recently.

Any recommendations welcome!

Cheers,

Jason

Guest EverythingWeb

Worldpay, for the most part will strap the company into their own trading terms as in rates and settlement times.

With a company that size, they obviously have some stability and as such a bank will risk them (hopefully, depending on type of business) very low, meaning they should get good IMA rates.

I'd suggest for any 'proper' company, especially that sort of size, that they negociate with their current Merchant services provider - get the good rate with the IMA number then choose the most suitable PSP (Payment Service Provider) where you can, if yo like move from in the future if the service drops or there are better offers, but expect to pay in the region of £20/month for the PSP access. Some Merchant providers will offer you their gateway packages - but I'd suggest try using it as a bargaining chip. Tell 'em you may want to consider it - they'll inevitably give you a better rate, get the rate confirmed in writing then take them up on it, possibly using another gateway.

If you want 'from-the-heart' round up of Protx, drop me a PM. We have around 10-12 sites running with Protx, plus a couple of internal company management systems that allows the companies who's software we provide, to process payments from right inside their own systems (Protx still, using the VSPDirect service as a Virtual Terminal).

BTW, the issues people are having recently is actually with the ProtxForm version - again, drop me a PM, as I can advise you around that aswell :)