New Protx VSP System Launch 1st August 2007

Mike MacKechnie

Hi cubecarters,

I received a (fairly long-winded) e-mail from Protx on 25/07/07, telling me about the new VSP system launch on August 1st.

The bit that caught my eye was :

"New Live Site Payment System URLs

The addresses to which you should send your transaction requests are different in the new system.

These URLs all begin with https://ukvps.protx.com

Old URL ................................................. New URL

/vps2Form/submit.asp

or

/VSPAdmin/submit.asp ........................... /vspgateway/service/vspform-register.vsp"

.. now doesn't this mean that we have to change our modules\gateway\Protx\transfer.inc.php?

right down at the bottom of the file you'll find the lines

} elseif($module['gate'] == "live"){

$formAction ="https://ukvps.protx.com/vps2form/submit.asp";

}

Do we need to change this? Is Al going to provide a mod?

Guest EverythingWeb

You can change it if you like, however Protx have also stated that they are keeping the old URL's as forwarders to the new, so you should be fins at the moment, as-is.

I would hazard a guess that v4's will use the new URL's respectively.

Thanks.

Guest bennyuk

You can change it if you like, however Protx have also stated that they are keeping the old URL's as forwarders to the new, so you should be fins at the moment, as-is.

If you dont change your URLs you will have problems, I STRONGLY suggest changing them ASAP.

Guest EverythingWeb

Why?

Yes they've had problems migrating, however they assured that old-style URL's would work.

And in fact, I've just tested a payment transaction about 5 mins ago and it went through perfectly, using the old-style URLS. :errm:

Guest bennyuk

Why?

Yes they've had problems migrating, however they assured that old-style URL's would work.

I have a client using Protx, and I know that protx is having problems today.

I held off making the URL changes... but as their site wasnt accepting payments to protx I thought I'd give the URL change a try.

It fixed the clients site.

I tried to expain that protx has said the old urls would work... (this was of no interest to the client who just wanted a working store)

So to answer you question "Why?" - Because Protx have sent multiple advance notices, and NOT acting on them could disable a store AND make you look unresponsive to clients.

However, as I said, it was only my "suggestion".

Guest LewisSellers

Why?

I held off making the URL changes... but as their site wasnt accepting payments to protx I thought I'd give the URL change a try.

I tried to expain that protx has said the old urls would work... (this was of no interest to the client who just wanted a working store)

So to answer you question "Why?" - Because Protx have sent multiple advance notices, and NOT acting on them could disable a store AND make you look unresponsive to clients.

Hi There,

I'm on the newest version of Cubecart, and I'm setting up Protx as the payment gateway at the moment (never used it before)....

When the new version of cubecart comes out, I don't really want to upgrade, as I've modded this version exactly how I want it.

what is this about changing the links ???

Do I need to do this, and how do I do it ?

Lewis

Well...... I've changed my Gateway URL to the new one today, as the Protx forum is full of URL redirection problems (amongst many others.. see https://support.protx.com/forum/Topic2375-21-1.aspx).

Fingers crossed!

It would seem that just about everything that can go wrong with Protx has gone wrong in the last few days since their upgrade. :)

Why?

Hi There,

I'm on the newest version of Cubecart, and I'm setting up Protx as the payment gateway at the moment (never used it before)....

When the new version of cubecart comes out, I don't really want to upgrade, as I've modded this version exactly how I want it.

what is this about changing the links ???

Do I need to do this, and how do I do it ?

Lewis

You should have received an e-mail from Protx telling you about the new gateway URL's.

The lines of code that need to be changed are at the bottom of modules\gateway\Protx\transfer.inc.php.

If you're in any doubt I would suggest you contact Protx although iI would suggest you hang fire for a few days in lieu of their upgrade problems....

Oh well the fingers crossed didn't help.

We have had "Status Detail: 5030 : Unable to decrypt the request message. This might be caused by an incorrect password or invalid encoding." problems ever since we changed the URL.

We have got service back by restoring our php to point at the old gateway URL ("https://ukvps.protx.com/vps2form/submit.asp").

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well the fingers crossed didn't help.

We have had "Status Detail: 5030 : Unable to decrypt the request message. This might be caused by an incorrect password or invalid encoding." problems ever since we changed the URL.

We have got service back by restoring our php to point at the old gateway URL ("https://ukvps.protx.com/vps2form/submit.asp").

Hi,

Just been contacted by one of my clients who received the same email from PROTX regarding VPS Protocol 2.22 so they can use the 3D secure function.

Checking the Forum, am I correct in thinking that currently the "leave as is" option would be best and keep working?

Regards