New Jack stuck on step 4 of installation..

Guest Mspointers

Guest Mspointers

Hello,

I'm attempting to install CC V3.0.16, and I've hit a brick wall. I'm currently stuck at this step:

global.inc.php

(Please make sure the file includes/global.inc.php has the following content)

Please be so kind as to advise me where to locate the "global.inc.php" file is. I realize this is a very basic question/step, but asking beats staring at the computer with a blank look on my face. Thanks in advance! :)

The installation package of CC came to you as an archive (presumably). Within the archive was a folder called "upload". Somewhere along the way you FTP'd the contents of this "upload" folder to a selected folder in your hosted space (or some similar action).

Many people create a folder called "store" at the root of their hosted space. The actual location of where these "upload" files were put is called the "root of your store" (not necessarily the root of your hosted space but they could be the same place). The folder "includes" will be found in the store root. Within that folder there will be (or should be) a file called "global.inc.php".