order still emailed when payment fails

Hey,

One of my clients is using authorize AIM gateway and noticed even if they payment fails cubecart generates and emails an order to the admin. Why is this? and is there a fix to this bug? It should only be generating an invoice on successful orders so the admin doesnt get confused.

Guest choccroc

has it been covered on how to stop that? i love having it tell me about pending orders that either they have checked all the way out or had a cc problem, but my client doesnt want to recieve a new order email when its not yet a 100% confirmed in the bank order.

Any way to exclude those? like check the status and if its pending then dont send? where would i change this? anyone? heheh

You could try:

In "includes/content/gateway.inc.php", in an un-mod'd file at about line 217 starts the "Notify Shop Owner of a New Order".

At about line 281 is the send command. Comment out that line.

Now, I don't know if the htmlMimeMail class, once an instance has been instantiated, requires either a send or a cancel, or else it may get stuck in limbo. I'll leave examining the class up to you.

In the file "includes/orderSuccess.inc.php", is where the thankyou e-mail and the digital link info email gets sent to the customer. In this file you might think about adding another section to send an e-mail to the store owner because I think in "gateway" is the only time the owner gets an e-mail of a new order.