Site Docs in Sidebar AND Footer?

Guest zedarte

Guest zedarte

Hi!

I have set up the Site Docs to appear in the footer of the index page.

However, my Client now wants to include 'some' of the Site Documents also in the Sidebar.

The SiteDocs.tpl is the one determining footer formatting.

How can I set up an additional SiteDocs.tpl (named accordingly) and then 'insert' it into the Sidebar, through a function?

Or is this an either/or situation?

Thanks

Peter

The shop site is: http://www.ziira.com

Guest tomal2k

there is another way to doing it. i had the same question week ago i found a way to do it. but if you want a simple solution 3rd party mod is the way.

for the one that i have figured out is bit complicated. you need to go to old .org site and look for MOD named SiteDocCategories. install the mod that and then categorise your desired sidebox sitedoc [follow the instruction there to put the site doc in place]. and the rest that u want to show at the bottom needs to be hand coded @ /global/ index.tpl & cart.tpl

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bacteria Man

I need to remove the footer SITE_DOCS variable altogether and instead include the "About" link in a custom horizontal CSS navigation bar.

Is this a simple matter of hard-coding the link, which includes the corresponding params?

The navigation also includes a couple of product category links. Should these be hard-coded as well?

The obvious answer to both questions is "yes", but I want to be sure there isn't a dynamic way to add these links to a custom menu.

Thanks in advance.