New Store - Should I wait for v 4

Guest RenateH

Guest RenateH

Hi, I know some of you are beta testers for v 4 and I would love some advice. I am just installing cc 3.017 (brand new installation) I'm going to need a bunch of mods, so it's suddenly occurred to me that maybe I should wait for the v4 release? What do you think? Is the upgrade smooth enough to deal with the common mods, or should I just procrastinate some more?

Oh, and is there a feature list anywhere, I've googled everything I can think of and can't find anything.

Thanks

Renate

Guest DiversionHobbies

Good quesition, will Cube Cart 4 run on the same database structure as Cube cart 3 has? I have just had software developed to help me do a major database import of 80,000 items and would like to know if CC3's database will be compatible with CC4s. If CC4s database just has a few more fields or tables can I manually add them and install the new version? Or is it a completely different design entirely?

I have added several tables and fields to my database but have done very little modification to the actual php scripts that cube cart runs on. Hopefully this will be a smooth transition?

• 2 weeks later...