Testing layouts in other directory

Guest 2pacy

Hi,

I have a full registered cubecart installation where we need to make some changes to CSS and to other layouts of the site.

I've copied it to a developement server but I guess that due the licensing and so on, the pages are not being built correctly. I need to remove the license for that server (i don't mind showing the footer notice) as it's for development. Also when I try to login as admin it redirects me to the actual administration (under https) of the live server.

How could I modify it to direct me to the development admin as well as to remove the license to display the page properly?

Thank you

Hi, no I can't do a new install as I am basing the new template on the actual template.

Also I need to change configuration but can't access to admin since it's pointing to the secure area of the old site.

You copied the whole thing to another server? Including the database?

In the database, there are a few settings that make reference to the URL and path to your site. That probably got copied over.

Get the Config editor file from this site (look for CubeCart Config Tool in the Downloads section) and make changes to the settings that pertain to your development server.

Also make changes to /includes/global.inc.php to point the URLS and paths to your development server.

DO NOT TRANSFER the database or the global.inc.php file back to the live server.