Link Style in siteDocs.tpl

Guest walmarc

Guest walmarc

Hi and my apologies if this has been asked before. I've reviewed the pinned posts and searched but cannot locate an answer.

I'm assuming that the style of links in Site Docs is controlled within the siteDocs.tpl - forgive me if I'm wrong. What I'm trying to achieve is to have links that are included in site documents match the rest of the links on the site. I've tried adding "<link href="/skins/Legend/styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />" in source mode at the top of the code for the site doc - but that doesn't work.

I've read Convict's post about images as links in the pinned section, but cannot fathom how to apply that to a css stylesheet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

Guest webicon

Hi,

To style siteDocs text find '.txtSiteDocs' in style.css

If you have already changed the style but are not seeing changes, it is most likely because this style '.txtSiteDocs' is declared more than once in style.css.

The way cascading stylesheets work is the last style (or style nearest the text) is the style used.

So, if you are very up on css you can probably untangle the styles in the stylesheet yourself so that all states of siteDocs are declared once OR if you are not up on css - just ensure that you repeat your styling attributes for the re-declared style towards bottom of stylesheet . (use find in document to find).

Hope that helps..

Guest walmarc

Many thanks for your response. I found two instances of .txtSiteDocs in style.css. I've changed the content so they match. The 1st instance is:

}

.txtCopy, .txtSiteDocs {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 70%;

color: #0066CC;

}

a.txtSiteDocs {

text-decoration: none;

}

a.txtSiteDocs:hover {

color: #FF0000;

}

The second instance is:

.txtOutOfStock {

}

a.txtSiteDocs {

}

}

The changes don't seem to have affected the links in site docs. Can you help me by letting me know what I'm doing wrong? My knowledge of css is limited.

Guest webicon

My Bad -

I've just seen that you have a link to your site -I see that you have moved the sitedocs to the side .... and in the links I see that your sitedocs aren't actually referncing this style at all!!!

You need to be looking for the 'txtDefault' style and amending the style info there...

Guest walmarc

My Bad -

I've just seen that you have a link to your site -I see that you have moved the sitedocs to the side .... and in the links I see that your sitedocs aren't actually referncing this style at all!!!

You need to be looking for the 'txtDefault' style and amending the style info there...

Hi and many thanks but I'm more than a little confused still. The link style I'm referring to is the centre box - i.e. the link incorporated within the text of the "About Us" page that displays when clicking on the link in my 1st post. What I'd like to do is have that link mirror those in the Menu of Site Docs?

Could you please explain for this n00b what you mean by " and in the links I see that your sitedocs aren't actually referncing this style at all!!!"? i.e. How can I get that to happen?

I've now changed the txtDefault as follows:

.txtOutOfStock {

}

a.txtSiteDocs {

}

}

.txtDefault, a.txtDefault, a.txtLink, a.txtLocation {

text-decoration:none;

}

a.txtDefault:hover, a.txtLink:hover, a.txtLocation:hover {

text-decoration:none;

But alas - still no joy. If you could help me more I'd really appreciate it! Many thanks. :)

Guest webicon

SORRY - Think we are talking cross-purposes...

Ok to clarify you do NOT actually want to change the sitedoc links :) but rather the links that appear on the site doc pages - as per screenshot?

If thats the case then you can do this with the FCK editor.

Whenever you put in a link attach the style="txtDefault" to the a tag (Go to SOURCE in FCK editor where you edit the document)

should now look like this:

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.travhotec.com.au" style="txtDefault">Travhotec Site</a>

Let me know how you get on - or if I've got it wrong again! :)

Guest walmarc

Let me know how you get on - or if I've got it wrong again! ;)

I don't think you've got it wrong at all - I'm thinking FCK Editor is FCK'd :)

When I try to change think link in FCK Editor (or remove it and create a new one with .txtDefault as the class and a full URL to style.css, this is what happens:

<a style=""

i.e. the style info completely disappears? Looks to me as if FCK Editor is corrupted?

Any thoughts? :)

Guest webicon

Afriad not - I've not really had any issues with my FCK editor... (but then that might be because you have an older version?)

If you are comfortable with code you could try disabling the FCK editor (I'll PM link) - that way it is just an input box...

Guest walmarc

Afriad not - I've not really had any issues with my FCK editor... (but then that might be because you have an older version?)

If you are comfortable with code you could try disabling the FCK editor (I'll PM link) - that way it is just an input box...

Worked it out. Many thanks to your help webicon. Needed class= "txtDefault" instead of style= and I had to use IE (problem with Firefox & FCK Editor?) Anyway all fine now - many thanks. :)

Worked it out.

See this thread:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=29535

Supposin' you already have extensive docs and you do NOT want to go in and add a class declaration to any and all links.

You'se takes your .txtDefault and then say for any "a" and "a:hover" within this div, go apply this style.