PayPal Weirdness

I've finally gotten my store up and running and I'm going through the usual regression testing and have come across a bit of weirdness.

1. I go through the shopping cart/login process and am offered two buttons: "Place Order Now" OR "Check Out With PayPal" which is a large orange button. I click "Place Order Now". I am given the following options:

* Postal Order form (ok, i have this module active)

* PayPal (in text, weird because I didn't enable the IPN module)

* PayPal (as a small logo, makes sense because I enabled the "alternate" PayPal Pro module

* Credit Cards (as logos, again makes sense).

However, if I select the first PayPal (text, not logo) radio button I get a page that says "Required Path doesn't exist!" The sale shows up in my admin queue.

2. Ok, so that was weird. I go back to the store (still logged in) and see that my cart is empty. I add a product to the cart and proceed to checkout. This time I use the radio button with the PayPal logo beside it. Hooray, I'm transferred to PayPal. I choose not to go through with the sale and click "Return to <StoreName>". Uh oh, something is wrong:

MySQL Error Occured

Error Message:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

SQL:

SELECT `name` FROM CubeCart_iso_counties WHERE `abbrev` = '' AND `countryId` =

Ok, so that didn't work. I go back to the store. Oh, by the way the order shows up in my admin as "Pending", but we all know what that means now, right? :lol:

3. So now I go back and open my shopping cart again, still logged in. Wait, now I only have one button, the big orange button is gone! The button says "Place Order Now". I click the button and hmm. I get a confirmation page:

Thank you, your order was successful and payment has been made! Your goods will be dispached as soon as possible. Please visit again soon.

Strange cos I didn't add any payment info, or even choose a payment type for that matter. Very weird. Now the problem is, no matter what I do during this session I only get this one button which brings me to the confirmation page. In order to actually place an order I need to shut down my browser (logging off and then back on doesn't work, I still get the one button/confirm situation).

So there's a bit of fun for the debuggers. I'm going to send this off to them as well, but thought it might be helpful for those of you who are enjoying the new release. :(

-=e=-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chuck Scroggs

I am having the exact same problem as etokle and I am very frustrated at this system. I never could get v3 to work right with PayPal and now v4 seems to SUCK JUST AS BAD AS V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<edited>

Guest Brivtech

I edited the above posts.

While I appreciate an open forum, to voice opinions, I will NOT allow inappripriate language or sheer rudeness.

If I see any further posts like this, I will not hesitate to ban the user.

I am happy for people to voice their opinions in a civil manner, that is, after all, one of the purposes of an open and impartial forum.

I am having the exact same problem as etokle and I am very frustrated at this system. I never could get v3 to work right with PayPal and now v4 seems to SUCK JUST AS BAD AS V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<edited>

Do you actually have a Website Payments Pro account? It's incredible how many people get frustrated the payment modules doesn't work when they don't even have a suitable account! :on2long:

US: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...verview-outside

UK: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...verview-outside

• 4 months later...
Guest Shirtman

Oh, by the way the order shows up in my admin as "Pending", but we all know what that means now, right? ;)

I get pending orders but no money. Can someone explain to a newbie. Is this an issue in both version 3 & 4? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Shirtman

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a different fatal error but now when I go back to test I too end up clicking on check out and going right to the order confirmed page. Funny but it all worked just fine a few weeks ago and now since adding the SSL has been nothing but a problem. The Paypal problem is a new one as of this week. I can't wait to get it all fixed!

Jamie