mySQL 5?

Guest Brivtech

Very, and I'm exclusively running all new CC4 CubeCart stores on mySQL5 - If anything, the code has been written with preference to the later version anyway. CubeCart 4 is also supporting this project: http://gophp5.org/ - This has been mentioned here somewhere a couple of times, can't put my finger on where at the moment.

well isnt this just cheeky?

while i was posting this information i found out that the hosting company had already switched my server to Sql 5

at that point CC woudnt work

i called them to have them switch me back to Sql 4.1 so i can take the time to debug if there is any problems

sure enough they switched me back and i waited for the serves to refresh

now that i looking at my CC installation

i goto the MAIN page as well as the admin page and i see this

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_1de07ec45f08df68b57f708281d197b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/session.inc.php on line 36

Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_1de07ec45f08df68b57f708281d197b0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

i have absolutely no idea where to begin with this one

just took a look at my CGI error log and it reads a fresh set of this

PHP Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_2f0cf129604741cc535d7cc0f84f0c43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/session.inc.php on line 36

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php:40) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_2f0cf129604741cc535d7cc0f84f0c43, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web08/b864/pow.antifm/htdocs/cart/includes/sessionStart.inc.php on line 40

PHP5 or mySQL5??? Big difference....

I suspect you mean they've moved from PHP4.1 to PHP5 - if they have moved from mySQL4.1 to mySQL5.. I'm not sure of the consequences.

Assuming we're talking PHP4/5 The clue is in the error:

/var/php_sessions/sess_1de07ec45f08df68b57f708281d197b0, O_RDWR

Session data (ie tracking users through the site, and storing variables for their use) is stored in the above directory. It looks like your host hasn't allowed write permissions on /var/php_sessions

Send them the error, and they should be able to sort it out.

CC4 should work well with PHP5, although not that many hosts are running PHP5 yet.. (my demo is running on PHP4)

Hope this helps,

Jason

thanks Jason

yes its MySql5 and no PhP they were changing.

Id like to tell you what version of CC i am using but i cant get into the admin area to check it

i want to say 3.0.16? or later..... im sure i havent installed CC4 yet.

ok i have now been able to get into my cart installation

looks like they did what they were supposed to do

i am still using MySql 4.1 and they are going to switch me (and everyone else) to MySQL5

if i

step 1. Close my store and make an SQL backup of the site

step 2. Wait til they update to MySql5

step 3. I go into my now myPHPadmin area and EMPTY all the database tables

step 4. Upload the Backup version of the store SQL (from step 1)

then should my store be working correctly?

what i am fear of is if i leave my store open

people are using it and they do the SQL Upgrade

i could loose LIVE content that is in action ( the customer )

or

If i set the store to MAINTENANCE and they do the upgrade

its possible i would not be able to log in as admin afterwards because theres a miss coding somewhere or some variable is off

Would it be more prudent to go about it in the manner i suggested above?

• 3 months later...