mySQL Version

Guest barrysmith

Guest barrysmith

Hi

My server is running MySQL client version: 5.0.37

But the compat-test.php tells me

MySQL ≥ 4.1.0: 3.23.49

Is there anything that could be done, this does not seem correct.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Guest Brivtech

It's possible that your host is running both multiple versions of mySQL, and when you set up the database, you didn't select the later version.

Check with your host to see how you can ensure your database is running on the latest version.

Guest barrysmith

Hi

Thanks i managed to sort that out, i have managed to install but am getting the following error.

Front End Error

MySQL Error Occured

Error Message:

1146: Table 'cubecart.cubecart_sessions' doesn't exist

SQL:

SELECT sessId FROM CubeCart_sessions WHERE sessId=''

Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit

Back end error

License key error 8. License key has been disabled. Please visit http://www.cubecart.com for support.Error in my_thread_global_end(): 1 threads didn't exit

Thnaks in advance

Guest barrysmith

Hi

Any ideas as to why the error, i would like to get it sorted before the weekend..hahaha..but soon will be nice ..trial is only 14 days, so i need to test...

Perhaps someone else can answer this one, how easy is it to use my own design with this product.

Thanks

Guest barrysmith

Hi

I really need help with the quesries above, will someone in support please help, i am keen to use this product on all my ecommerce stores, but if i can not get it wrking i will be forced to start looking else where.

Ok,

Are you on a Windows server?(I note from your recent message, you've used MS Access+ASP previously)

Can you view the database and see if the "cubecart_sessions" table exists? If so, are there any records?

Did you get any error messages/warnings whilst installing?

Have you tried CC3 (or any other PHP/mySQL script) on the same server?

Jason

Guest barrysmith

HI

I am on a windows server.

I did have one message which i followed up so that the install would accept the server set up.

In admin i see cubecart_admin_sessions and not cubecart_sessions. I hope that is the answer you were hoping for, sorry i do not know to much about mySQL .

But thanks for trying to help.

CC3 i like the look and function in 4, so if i do get this working i would prefer to try out 4, but it does not look like i am going to get a chance.

Thanks you.

Hi,

mySQL will accept the same queries as Access, SQL server and so on - obviously it has its differences, but I could move from MS Access & SQL Server to mySQL without too my work.

The basic Select/Update/Delete queries work in much the same way.

It sounds like the install script failed whilst trying to set-up the various tables needed.

The sessions table is pretty core.

I have attached a dump my of CC4 database. This contains only the data structure (table schema) - not any data.

Tables will not be overwritten, and only created if they don't already exist.

Please edit this file in a good text editor (notepad++ works for me).

You will need to change the database name to match your database.

This is on lines 15/16 - my database name is 'sosecomm_cc4'

Save the file, then import using PHPmyAdmin.

I hope this will help.

You may have other problems with licences etc, but the front end should work (providing there are no other install problems)

Jason

localhost.zip

Guest barrysmith

Hi Jason

I attempted what you said and got the following error after import.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error

SQL query:

--

-- Database: `cubecart`

--

CREATE DATABASE `cubecart` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said:

#1007 - Can't create database 'cubecart'; database exists

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried somethi ng else, i deleted the database and did a new install and the same error persists, should i download the latest version or do you think the error is server related.

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

sorry - my mistake.

Remove the CREATE DATABASE 'cubecart'... line - but keep the "USE 'cubecart'; line

Providing there are no further errors on the import, you should see the following tables;

CubeCart_Coupons

CubeCart_Downloads

CubeCart_Modules

CubeCart_SpamBot

CubeCart_admin_log

CubeCart_admin_permissions

CubeCart_admin_sections

CubeCart_admin_sessions

CubeCart_admin_users

CubeCart_alt_shipping

CubeCart_alt_shipping_prices

CubeCart_blocker

CubeCart_category

CubeCart_cats_idx

CubeCart_cats_lang

CubeCart_config

CubeCart_currencies

CubeCart_customer

CubeCart_docs

CubeCart_docs_lang

CubeCart_history

CubeCart_img_idx

CubeCart_inv_lang

CubeCart_inventory

CubeCart_iso_counties

CubeCart_iso_countries

CubeCart_lang

CubeCart_options_bot

CubeCart_options_mid

CubeCart_options_top

CubeCart_order_inv

CubeCart_order_sum

CubeCart_reviews

CubeCart_search

CubeCart_sessions

CubeCart_tax_details

CubeCart_tax_rates

CubeCart_taxes

CubeCart_transactions

(phew!)

Jason

Guest barrysmith

Hi Jason

That seemed to work for the front end, on the back end when i open admin i see the following above the login box at the top of the page in a blue strip.

------------------------------------------

No administration session was found.

------------------------------------------

I then login and get an error i thought i sorted a while back but may need to look into again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again thank you for taking the time out to help me...

Guest barrysmith

HI Jason,

Having looked at that post my files are as the ammended instructions say already, so no need to make changes there. I am getting close, but i will soon have to put it to rest, i can not spend to much time on this.

But thanks a lot for your help...

Ok,

no worries - every post may help others in the future.

I would suspect you'd have less problem on a Linux box - but if most of your stores are ASP based, you're probably a bit tied into Windows.

You've got a few things working against you. There could be a bug in the install script, and/or error reporting, Windows permissions, and so on.. My recent trial worked fine, but I'm on Linux/cPanel with a background on CC3 and other scripts working well.

At this early stage of the product, there are not many users to report errors on the Windows servers.

Good luck, anyway.

Jason

Guest barrysmith

Hi

I have a few intense php programmed sites on my server, like 68classifeds, softvision booking system and php online stores, when i had these sites done i set my server up to manage php and mysql.

I am sure it is something simple, i will keep trying in my time until the Trial runs out, then well, i suppose its back to the Searches and keep looking, its a pity because i qyute liked the look of this, howver i do need something that will work on my server with no issues, because a bug for me, could be a law suit to my customer.

Thanks for all the help in any way, who knows maybe someone walks past my server and kicks it by mistake..

Take care

Barry