What Am I Doing Wrong ? Image Upload Problem

Guest skintrader

Guest skintrader

I have just installed v4.0.2 and I cannot get it to upload any images at all.

I am wondering if I need to remove v3.0.15 which was installed using fantastico first ?

When I try to upload an image using the cubecart 'Upload Images' function and browse to the location of the file and click upload I get a message stating

"Upload a new file in this folder (Upload in progress, please wait...)" which just remains on the screen - file size only an 18.3kb jpg

Additionally I have tried the 'Import Catalog' function without much joy but can just about get there by using ; seperated file created in Notepad - however I bullet point the individual characteristics of my item in the product information and can't work out how to do this either. At my wits end , can anyone help ??

I am a newbie so as simply described as possible would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest skintrader

Edited post :

I have uninstalled all previous versions of cubecart and v4.0.2

Have then reinstalled v4.0.2 and continue to have the same problem

I can directly upload images via Filezilla to the images folder and they show in the Image File Manager, however still cannot add an image to a product as the problems as described in my 1st post still occur with the FCK Editor just saying it is uploading the image and then never completing the action, I have left it as long as an hour and just the same result. Tried various images of various sizes and no difference in result. The images are jpg files.

I have played around with a few settings to try to get this to work but not getting anywhere.

How do I get round this as at the moment I can basically put products online but not get an image for them and that defeats the purpose of having an online shop.

Guest skintrader

Anyone ???

Surely I am not the only person that has had this problem and given others have sites with product pics up there has to be a fix somewhere ??

Please I've spent 2 days trying to resolve this and no further forward

• 1 month later...
Guest designkarma

Make sure you have no spaces or special characters in the image file name. I had a similar problem and this is what it turned out to be.

Yep, I'm getting exactly the same problem. Nothing wrong with my permissions, and nothing wrong with the image or filename. Driving me crazy!

Guest KenBarlow

Was there any solution to this? I have the same problem.

When I attempt to browse to an image when adding a product none are shown, even though via FTP I can see that they are actually uploading.

Looking in the images from the admin menu item I can see the images there ok.

Cannot get an image to attach to or display for a product.

?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
Guest UsableWebDesigns

I had this problem with 4.2.2 just after a server move. The image uploading dialog would just hang with the message "Upload in progress. Please wait...". In my case, there was no sign in FTP of the file having been uploaded, and the solution was to change the folder permissions.

I left the images folder permissions at 755 and changed the images/uploads permissions to 777 and the images/uploads/thumbs permissions to 777 (using FTP). Then uploads worked.

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 months later...
Guest rylanb

I am also having this issue, I've set the IIS User and IWAM IIS Startup process to have full control on the images/uploads and images/uploads/thumbs directory and am still not having any success. Tried so many options with setting the Sessions save path in php.ini and setting a pear/tmp folder under the same folder the whole site is in and no luck. Anyone have any sucess?

Guest rylanb

I found that I needed to add common.js and fckxml.js (maybe) to \admin\includes\rte\editor\filemanager\browser\default\js

That helped with the uploading, that seems to work now. Now on to figure out why its not updating the image in the DB.

I found this out by using LIVE Http Headers to see the error of the .js files not being found.