Setting Up Digital Downloads

Guest embroodles

Guest embroodles

https://forums.cubecart.com/uploads/post-98210-1194183702.jpgHi everyone ,I hope someone can help ,I have read all the posts on setting up digital delivery downloads and Im not getting it .I am doing something wrong apparently and Im sure its something simple.I am looking for someone who can spend a few minutes maybe on msn messenger or hell I will even give you my server info if you can fix it .Frustrated with information overload ,this is my first time setting up a shopping cart .

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advanced Bill

I will be sitting on this forum in hope someone responds

my msn is [email protected]

you ever want to stab yourself in the forehead with a pencil until some makes sense,thats where I am at

Bill,

Download your /includes/global.inc.php file.

Scan down until you see "rootDir", and note the path specificed:

$glob['rootDir'   ] = '/home/youracount/public_html'

Your path may be different to the above, you should get the idea.

Ok, now in the product set-up, paste the above path in and add the directory where your digital goods site, then finally the file itself.

/home/youracount/yourdigitaldownloads/stuff.zip

The paths will vary from server to server. On my system, if I ftp into the account, I join at the account level (I can't go higher up the directory tree).

Inside this level, I can see "public_html" (where the store sits), but also mail, tmp and a bunch of other folders.

If I were to sell digital goods, I'd create a folder ie "downloads" at this directory level.

This means visitors can't see/get to the folder, and the store retrieves the file and provides it to the customer.

I'll be happy to sort this out, if the above info doesn't help.

Jason

Guest embroodles

Bill,

Download your /includes/global.inc.php file.

Scan down until you see "rootDir", and note the path specificed:

$glob['rootDir'   ] = '/home/youracount/public_html'

Your path may be different to the above, you should get the idea.

Ok, now in the product set-up, paste the above path in and add the directory where your digital goods site, then finally the file itself.

/home/youracount/yourdigitaldownloads/stuff.zip

The paths will vary from server to server. On my system, if I ftp into the account, I join at the account level (I can't go higher up the directory tree).

Inside this level, I can see "public_html" (where the store sits), but also mail, tmp and a bunch of other folders.

If I were to sell digital goods, I'd create a folder ie "downloads" at this directory level.

This means visitors can't see/get to the folder, and the store retrieves the file and provides it to the customer.

I'll be happy to sort this out, if the above info doesn't help.

Jason

Ok when Im in my ftp ,maybe im usuing a different one then you it doesnt show me the path quite like this ,how are you downloading this

cubecart is installed in publichtml and my downloads are above like in the picture ,sorry if i sound stupid im just not grasping this for some reason ,I really appreciate this ,you have no idea

Ok when Im in my ftp ,maybe im usuing a different one then you it doesnt show me the path quite like this ,how are you downloading this

cubecart is installed in publichtml and my downloads are above like in the picture ,sorry if i sound stupid im just not grasping this for some reason ,I really appreciate this ,you have no idea

Sorry- I didn't look too closely at your image.. :)

What you have set-up looks about right.

Things to check;

-Filenames, use lower case if possible. Linux will treat file.zip and File.zip as separate files (unlike windows)

-Double-check the store root setting in global.inc.php. Based on your image, it should read:

$glob['rootDir'   ] = '"/usr/local/vhost/www.emblodles.com/public_html"

Jason

ps -please trim when quoting.

Guest embroodles

What you have set-up looks about right.

] = '"/usr/local/vhost/www.emblodles.com/public_html"

Sorry about the trim ,will do for now on ,I do not even know what vhost is ,I was just trying anthing from surfing .

I know when I go look in the downloads file which is above public_html as suggested the file names do not show zip after them so I did not put that in the line but also the program decided those names with the leave it blank option ,thought that would be easier so I renamed the files ,the program made them caps as well.

Your awsome for helping ,I went and visited your site ,will send you a shirt with your logo embroidered on it

/home/embroodl/public_html/cart/includes

thats what i found was the path through file manager to get to the global.inc

oops thats what i typed in the file manager to bring right to /home/embroodl/public_html/cart/includes

/home/embroodl/downloads

that brings me to where the files are stored

its making a little more sense to me

i think i have to add zip after the file names as well

Ok,

I've ftped a file, and set-up a test product. I've purchased (but not paid), and manually set the order to processing, and issued the product download email.

All works fine now.

Use the path from the test product as your guide.

As you've uploaded lots of digital products, I'd advise listing them in your FTP client, and copying each name, and pasting it into the product settings - don't type (as you've got mixed cases)

I'll send this via email so you've got a record,

Jason

Guest embroodles

Thanks for all your help ,Im sure I might have figured it out in about 40 years when this is obsolete ,if i can ever help you with an automotive question or anything let me know

thanks for your help

bill

check your pm and email

Lol, thanks Bill!

I'm not too bad with cars, but prefer bikes. I've spent the weekend rebuilding the brakes on my motorbike.

Lots of loverly DOT4 and loctite! Hopefully I didn't get them mixed up! lol

The path thing is easy to get wrong, I'd like to see a nice mod to allow digital uploads from the product set-up screen in admin, so we don't have to worry about the path.

Got email & pm -thanks, replied to you via email.

Cheers,

Jason

Guest embroodles

Well I would like to try some mods but I had enough trouble with doing that ,as I said I can fix and diagnose navigational problems complex multiplexing problems but my brain almost blew up trying to figure this out .Maybe one day you can explain this mod thing for me .Im afraid Id botch everything up.If you have messeneger live add me so we could say hi now and then

have a good day