Altering Content Layout, Changing Over-all Background

Guest AdamnSmith

Guest AdamnSmith

So i have looked high and low for these answers and have finally decided to just ask..

1. In the content area I would like my products layed out like this

[] [] [] []

[] [] []

Rather than the way the skins have them default which are:

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

If this doesnt make sense, check out the layout of most any store online such as www.zumiez.com or www.hottopic.com. See how they have 3-4 products across and then rows going down? I want that as well.

I found an answer here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....&hl=content

However it was not exactly what i was looking for.

2. My second question is, how can I make the website a fixed size, and then have a background image in the very background. Such as www.pacsun.com

Update: I figured this one out. If anyone wants to know you go into the layout.css and put

margin: 0 auto;

In the "Body" {}

For those of you who want to know

Thanks in advance guys. You are always a great help!

Guest AdamnSmith

So i have looked high and low for these answers and have finally decided to just ask..

1. In the content area I would like my products layed out like this

[] [] [] []

[] [] []

Rather than the way the skins have them default which are:

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

If this doesnt make sense, check out the layout of most any store online such as www.zumiez.com or www.hottopic.com. See how they have 3-4 products across and then rows going down? I want that as well.

I found an answer here: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....&hl=content

However it was not exactly what i was looking for.

Anyone?

I havent seem much traffic on the forums lately. :w00t:

Guest AdamnSmith

When I use the code from the other thread, it just makes one column and 1 product per row.

However, I have been working hard to figure out what the coding actually should be and and when i figure out how to get it to look good on all browsers I will post the code so people dont have to go through weeks of searching like I did.

So far I got it looking either good on IE with one code, or good on FF with a little different code.

Damn the browser differences!