Unable To Send Any Emails From Cubecart V3 Store

Guest tsdirect

Guest tsdirect

Hello, can anybody help me or point me in the right direction please?

I have a new clean install of CC v3.

I am not able to email customers, or tell a friend, or email order status updates.

allways same error:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk:25

in /homepages/14/d98150302/htdocs/tsdirect/store/classes/smtp.php on line 87

I have checked the values in my admin panel, and they are exactly the same as the values in my Outlook client.

cheers

Richard

TS Direct

Guest tsdirect

I haven't seen any smtp server have "auth.smtp". They've always been "authsmtp". Note the difference with the period.

Just try it without the period and let us know.

Hi bsmither,

thanks for your reply.

I have checked with my ISP (1and1.co.uk) and my outgoing smtp server is indeed auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk

they have suggested that I try port 587 if port 25 does not work (by the way, these exact smtp settings work fine in my Outlook email client).....I have tried both ports but I still continue to get the same error message:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk:25

in /homepages/14/d98150302/htdocs/my domain/store/classes/smtp.php on line 87

I get this same error message from all attepmts to send emails from within my cubecart site.

*** url removed by tsdirect after solution of problem ***

Please note that I can send out emails OK from my own php scripts contained in my site documents! what I did here was place my own php scripts (using sendmail) into my root folder!

What is not working is any email scripts supplied by CubeCart!

any ideas? I thought maybe I should move the mailing scripts to my root folder - but I am not sure which scripts to move, and also I would need to modify any html or php that calls these scripts (again as I am new to CC I'm not sure which ones need moving or modifying)

Can anybosy help me here please?

regards....

Guest tsdirect

Why dont you just use Mail(), there is no need for SMTP.

thanks Stevie68, I would be pleased to try this, but I am not sure which scripts, and where, need to be modified....I don't seem to be able to find a thorough install or modifiers documentation anywhere!

and I don't want to trash my CC install! ;-)

Guest tsdirect

You dont need to 'do' anything, simply choose that from your Admin CP and try it. It is a feature of CC to use the mail function built in to php as standard so its not something you need to configure or can break.

WOW Stevie68,

Such a simple solution and it works fine, thanks ;-))

I was up all night trying to look for errors in scripts!!!

I feel stupid now! - the answer was staring me in the face and I could just not see it!

thanks for prompt reply, now I can continue loading and testing my new store.