Using More Than One Skin Template On Store

Hello, I need to know if there is a hack, mod or some code to have a drop down list of the different skins for the store so they can be selected from it. And is it possible to have it where the skin is giving a unique name in the browser so it can be copied and pasted anywhere to have the direct link to the skin you want to show.

Thanks

I do think there is a mod where the visitor's preferred skin can be selected from the visitor's personal settings page and saved in the customers table in the database. So you can use this and then create "example customers". Tell your acquaintances to use these specific customers to see the various skins.

In the admin page, the store administrator can select the skin to show. You might already know this.

I am not aware of a mod that will allow you to put the name of the skin in the querystring.

But you might try this:

In /index.php, near line 78:

Replace:

$body = new XTemplate ("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl");

With:

if(isset($_GET['skin'])){

$skinDir = (treatGet($_GET['skin']));

} else {

$skinDir = $config['skinDir']);

}

$body = new XTemplate ("skins/".$skinDir."/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl");

This should work at the start of the store, but it will NOT persist. I will leave it up to you to figure out how to output "skin=yourskin" through the querystring in index.php, cart.php, and all the other files in the root of your store.

I haven't tested this, so use it at your own peril.

I do think there is a mod where the visitor's preferred skin can be selected from the visitor's personal settings page and saved in the customers table in the database. So you can use this and then create "example customers". Tell your acquaintances to use these specific customers to see the various skins.

In the admin page, the store administrator can select the skin to show. You might already know this.

I am not aware of a mod that will allow you to put the name of the skin in the querystring.

But you might try this:

In /index.php, near line 78:

Replace:

$body = new XTemplate ("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl");

With:

if(isset($_GET['skin'])){

$skinDir = (treatGet($_GET['skin']));

} else {

$skinDir = $config['skinDir']);

}

$body = new XTemplate ("skins/".$skinDir."/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl");

This should work at the start of the store, but it will NOT persist. I will leave it up to you to figure out how to output "skin=yourskin" through the querystring in index.php, cart.php, and all the other files in the root of your store.

I haven't tested this, so use it at your own peril.

Ok thanks :sleep: