Installation Step 4 Permissions

I'm having an issue with changing my permission in godaddy (my host) in order to install cubecart version 3.0.17 all the way. When I get to step 4 I get an error message saying that the "includes/global.inc.php" file permissions need to be changed. When I go to the remote file to change the permissions in godaddy, I right click on the files and there is no option to change the "file attributes".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jace

When I go to the remote file...
How is it that you are doing this? Almost all FTP programs will allow you to bring up the Linux-based file/directory "Properties". What FTP program are you using?

Also, what kind of hosting do you have with GoDaddy? Linux/Apache or Windows?

When I go to the remote file...
How is it that you are doing this? Almost all FTP programs will allow you to bring up the Linux-based file/directory "Properties". What FTP program are you using?

Also, what kind of hosting do you have with GoDaddy? Linux/Apache or Windows?

I tried the file manager and there was no window to enter 777 only a check box to click "writer", "reader", or "inherted". These were not the choices in the tutorials or in the installation manual so I didn't know which one would be correct to use. If in the file manager would I click on "writer"? It is defaulted on "inherited".

I have windows hosting with godaddy, not sure if that is the problem or not. Godaddy has its own built in ftp client program that I am using. I guess I could download a seperate ftp program and try that, but I would rather not if I could figure this out. Thanks for your help,

Jace

With Windows hosting generally only the hosting provider can change permissions or atleast thats what most people have said on here.

Thanks for that info. I think i will give godaddy a call today and see if they will change the permissions.

Thanks again,

Jace

I tried the file manager and there was no window to enter 777 only a check box to click "writer", "reader", or "inherted".
These are appropriate choices for a Windows Server NTFS file system. You will want to deselect Inherited and select Reader.