Imported Customers to Database Not Showing UP

Guest 4thegrapes

Guest 4thegrapes

Hi! I finally figured out how to import all my customers from one database to another, and even though it shows up correctly in phpadmin, it doesn't show up in the CubeCart Admin area. I'm assuming I have to have CubeCart update the database but don't know how to do that. Does anyone know how I do this? (I saw Sir Williams post on updating categories, but need the specific verbiage on how to do this for Customers & if I need a different mod).

The Customer table seems fairly straightforward. The /admin/customers/index.php file brings in the records of all type = 1 customers. When you copied (inserted from SQL generated from extracting out of source table) customers into the Customers table, did you verify all fields had a value? Be sure to look at the "type" column and if blank, put a 1 in it.

Other than that, I see no reason why your Admin, View Customers list would not be showing all records.

Guest 4thegrapes

The Customer table seems fairly straightforward. The /admin/customers/index.php file brings in the records of all type = 1 customers. When you copied (inserted from SQL generated from extracting out of source table) customers into the Customers table, did you verify all fields had a value? Be sure to look at the "type" column and if blank, put a 1 in it.

Other than that, I see no reason why your Admin, View Customers list would not be showing all records.

The file names and order were completely different. So what I did was exported both the old and CubeCart customer database as CSV for Excel and after seeing how CubeCart structured things I copied the old database data into the correct fields, saved it as CSV and then imported it. However, since all the file names weren't the same were definitely fields that didn't have any entries -- for example the old database just had 'Name' while CubeCart has 'First Name' and 'Last Name' -- so I entered all the 'Name' data from the old database into 'First Name' and left the 'Last Name' blank. When I checked out the imported data the imported info showed up in the correct fields, but you're saying that because I left certain fields empty it would make it not show up in the CubeCart back office? (I'm hoping its going to be something this easy <_<

And thank you so much for your help!

you're saying that because I left certain fields empty it would make it not show up in the CubeCart back office?
Specifically what I mentioned about the field named "type". If the CSV that you are uploading into CC does not have this field, and the value for this field is other than "1", CC Admin is not going to show that record in the list of customers.