Change "Buy" Button Link

Guest Nate_ERC

Guest Nate_ERC

Hello

I am trying to customize my cubecart setup piece by piece.

I have the "categories" pages set up pretty much how I want them, but I am having trouble with the "buy" button. How can I change it so that when you click the button it does not redirect you to the products' page?

Here is an example of my problem: http://www.eckertsrodandcustom.com/store/i...Cat&catId=4

I have been tinkering around with the viewcat.tpl file with pretty good success, but I suspect (since I know nothing about it) that the Java is problem.

If you are trying to replace the "Buy" button with an "Add to Basket" button, look at the relevant code in the viewProd.tpl file. In this file, pressing Add to Basket works. You just need to copy that functionality over to viewCat.tpl. The javascript checks that the form for which the form name passed to the submitDoc function is actually in the page being viewed.

This hack looks to be just a bit more complex than simple. Maybe a discussion at www.cubecartforums.org might get you something.

Guest Nate_ERC

I'm trying to get the buy button to add the quantity to the basket, but not redirect to the product's page. I was having success with getting it to add the quantity, but after some more tinkering it appears that that is not working either. :)