Digital download link failed

Well Cubecart and Paypal setup seem to work great. I placed the order, got my confirmation and download access emails. Problem is when I clicked on the link for the download, I got:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: Stat failed for /home/nlp/downloads/parentingwithnlp.pdf (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php on line 63

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php:63) in /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php on line 63

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php:63) in /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php on line 66

Warning: fopen(/home/nlp/downloads/parentingwithnlp.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nlp/public_html/nlpstore/download.php on line 71

I uploaded the pdf file during the product setup, set the product to digital and used a root path.

Can you FTP into your "nlp" space (where "downloads" and "public_html" folders can be seen) and verify that the document is actually in the Downloads folder?

Go into the store admin pages, Server Info page, and look in Configuration-PHP Core at the open_basedir setting. Is there a path(s) listed here? If there is, and it goes all the way to "/home/nlp/public_html/", then "downloads" probably isn't going to be accessible. You will have to talk to your host about this.

When you say you uploaded the file, was that a manual FTP upload, or did you use some sort of web-based function? I'm not finding where in CC that you can upload anything but images.

Can you FTP into your "nlp" space (where "downloads" and "public_html" folders can be seen) and verify that the document is actually in the Downloads folder?

Go into the store admin pages, Server Info page, and look in Configuration-PHP Core at the open_basedir setting. Is there a path(s) listed here? If there is, and it goes all the way to "/home/nlp/public_html/", then "downloads" probably isn't going to be accessible. You will have to talk to your host about this.

When you say you uploaded the file, was that a manual FTP upload, or did you use some sort of web-based function? I'm not finding where in CC that you can upload anything but images.

Yes when I FTP into the server the downloads folder and the PDF are both there. Downloads is at the same level as the public_html folder that holds the website files.

From within the admin pages I can see upper level roots /home and usr/home.I"ve tried both with the same results.

The folder and file were uploaded via a CPanel file manager panel. I can FTP separatly and see the folder and files.

I'm thinking it is just some setting but it escapes me.

DOH! I found the problem. A simple typo in the file name did it. I guess the lesson here is to triple check everything, take nothing for granted and then check it again.

Thanks for your time.

• 3 months later...

DOH! I found the problem. A simple typo in the file name did it. I guess the lesson here is to triple check everything, take nothing for granted and then check it again.

Thanks for your time.

Would you mind sharing the typo as I got the same exact error messages and what directory and level did you place your downloadable files ? some say at the root before public_html and others in the public_html is where the files belong. I am new to this and was elated when the cube cart worked ( order,emailpaypal,download link) on my first try

thanks williamdenver