How to change the Shop homepage layout

Guest T-Bagwell

Guest T-Bagwell

Hey guys, I'm really new to this. Anyway, I recently agreed to redesign my friend's website. I was doing well but hit a snag with the Shop page, as I have no idea how to edit the shop page layout. My friend is a bit of a novice too and he hasn't touched the Shop page in years, so he's forgotten how to change the layout as well. I have the username and password for his account, but can't find a way to change it. He has version 3.0.15.

Anyway, the Shop page works fine, all I want to do is change the layout of it.

UPDATE - I did a lot of reading and finally figured how to do it, so ignore that part, but I'm still having trouble with this one down here:

And another small thing, I've had trouble updating the Documents - Site Documents section from the admin control panel. I've searched on the board and they told me how to change the Documents - Homepage section (by changing home.inc.php to 0777, which has worked, but I can't make it work for the Site Documents section).

While logged on as your friend and viewing the Administrators page, do you see that log-in as a Super User or not (green vs red status box)?

If not, for some reason you may not have the permission to edit the site docs. If you don't, you should see the "401" page.

So, you will have to clarify by what you mean, "I can't make it work..." Describe the steps taken, the screens you see, and the outcomes you get vs what you expect to get.

The site docs are stored in the CubeCart_docs table in the store's database and are edited using the store's built-in editor.

Guest T-Bagwell

Hey thanks for the reply, basically everytime I click on the "Edit" button in the Documents - Site Documents area when I try to update the About Us/Contact Us (etc) page, it always forwards to my main homepage (not my Shop homepage, but my actual site homepage) and it doesn't save anything. I've checked and I have complete control over the whole thing and I've also tested it by changing the CHMOD of language/en/home.inc.php into 0777, but it still gives me the same result.

Let's not get so basic.

You are in the Site Documents page and you see a list of documents that you can edit or delete. Either:

1) When you click on the edit button you are immediately taken to your root/defaultpage, or

2) When you click the edit button, you get a document editing page with the built-in editor and you make a few changes. When you click the Update button wanting to save those changes, it is from here that you are immediately taken to your root/defaultpage.

Just a guess: If #2, then while you are at the editing page, have the browser show you the page source. Almost to the bottom will be a hidden form element containing an HTML-Safe version of your document. Check to see if there might be an anomaly here that is corrupting the structure of the page.

--------

Ok, well I see you've posted the same question in Skins and Templates support and that you are describing scenario #1.