Images do not display following installation

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

Hi all

I've recently downloaded ver 3.016 & 3.017 - tried installing these twice because of a problem with images not displaying following installation.

The installation went smooth in every other respect but none of the original CC images were being displayed either in the store or in the admin panel.

The images folder definitely uploaded OK and all the images in there look fine when viewed locally.

Anyone know what might cause this problem?

(PS is it normal for the zip file to take about an hour to unzip?)

The images folder definitely uploaded OK and all the images in there look fine when viewed locally. Anyone know what might cause this problem?

(PS is it normal for the zip file to take about an hour to unzip?)

What type of server is running CC: Apache on *nix or IIS6 on Windows? And, no, unzipping should take only one or two minutes.

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated...

Server is Apache on Unix.

The images in question are not the 'store' upload images (I haven't uploaded any yet), it is simply the original CubeCart images that are not showing (or in one case one of them at least partially shows!). I have none-the-less set all images folders to 777 but still no joy. Can I post a link here to the store?

The unzip time was weird - I have since had the same 1hr unzip time with zencart - maybe files are corrupting in download somehow (?)!

Guest Brivtech

Try unzipping on your computer rather than on theserver, and uploading the files that are not displaying individually.

I think the problem here is either being caused by a bad unzip on the server (I experienced this recently), or an error in your configuration files.

Could you post a copy of your configuration (NO PASSWORDS), so we can check? a misplaced / can break the store like this, because it messes up the paths.

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

The unzipping was done on my PC and I did re-upload the images directory.

Now, regarding the 'copy of configuration' do you mean a specific file?

Guest Brivtech

Yep, the includes/global.inc.php file - NO PASSWORDS! :unsure:

In particular, the lines that say $glob['rootDir'], $glob['rootRel'], and $glob['storeURL']

If you don't want to give your store URL, replace the text in it, but leave every other part untouched, like full stops, slashes, etc.

The unzip time was weird - I have since had the same 1hr unzip time with zencart - maybe files are corrupting in download somehow (?)!

Onto what type of OS/Computer are you first unzipping the CC package prior to FTP'ing up to the server? I can imaging this taking more than an hour if your workstation is a 20 year old '286. :unsure:

If the package was truly corrupted, the unzip shouldn't happen at all. I can see where the FTP, if sent in ASCII mode (as opposed to binary), would corrupt the images. But, if when bringing an image back down from the server to the local workstation, it displays whole and complete, then we will look elsewhere.

Guest On-The-Web-Now!

I can see where the FTP, if sent in ASCII mode (as opposed to binary), would corrupt the images.

Cracked it! Thank you

I wondered about upload type but didn't see anything mentioned in the installation notes. have re-uploaded in binary mode and all is now OK.

I am still baffled as to why both of my PCs (one Vista - one XP) - both speedy models - are struggling with zip files (?) - must be a separate issue I suppose.

Many thanks to all for their contributions. :unsure: