Creating Sub-Categories

Guest cowboyandy

Guest cowboyandy

B) I've spent the better part of the day going through search and numerous postings, and I can't seem to find what will answer my question (although I did find answers to a couple of others!).

Let me preface this with the statement that I'm very new at attempting to "build" my own store, but I have some minor working knowledge of html, and several years ago, with someone else's help who's no longer available, I worked on building a practice store on OSC. Enough knowledge to hurt myself!

(1) I entered sub-categories, figuring they would line up under the main category. Instead, they appear as folders on the main category's page. Is this how cubecart does it, or do I have something set wrong somewhere? Those folders popping up on the category page look like crap. I've opened the store for a short in case anyone wants to take a look to see what I mean, if I'm not making sense - www.shannonweston.net. And am I able to put text on the main category page? Can't find how.

(2) In conjunction with this a little, I found out from several of these posts how to change the header, and I successfully uploaded the temporary image I want to use. Can't for the life of me find where to do that! I went through the skins folder all the way to "backgrounds", but all it does is show me the images. Where do I look that I haven't yet looked for that page where the codes get changed??

Many thanks to those of you who know what to do, and are willing to share it! It's extremely helpful to those of us who have probably bitten off more than they can chew, but want to try anyway!

Have a great day!

Andy

As for (2), either replace the existing topHeader.gif with your image of the same name, or add your image with it's name, then change:

\skins\Killer\styleSheets\layout.css

in the #topHeader description.

Other skins may be different.

As for (1), take a peek at CubeCartForums.org. There may be some fairly elaborate mechanisms for category structure that may interest you.