Handling Large Number of Product Options

Hello,

Before I take the plunge with Cubecart, I was wondering if anyone had any experience on how Cubecart handles large numbers of product options (on the order of 450 in a single option name for a single product). We are a Scottish goods site, and so, for instance, a kilt would have a dropdown box listing every tartan that it would be available in, as well as another box for different sorts of sizes (waist, hips, length, etc).

I've found that ZenCart fails miserably at large numbers of attributes (options) and I wanted to know before I bother inputting 1000+ different option names if Cubecart will have a similar hard time. ZC, incidentally, manages about 10k+ queries to setup a 450-attribute name dropdown box. I want to avoid that sort of load on my MySQL server per page render, if possible.

Thanks!

First, entering that number of attributes would be something short of an excruciating exercise in patience. Without a third-party modification, CubeCart shows those attributes as a drop-down selection box. Will 450 attributes fit comfortably on the visitor's screen?

The SQL statement has two inner joins - you can see it at line 154 of \includes\content\viewProd.inc.php.

The admin section would be more repetitive because it renders in three tables the 1) option name, 2) the attributes for each option, and 3) the unique combination of each attribute/option/product.

I've reproduced a similar query below. If you have a metrics program, let us know the cost of running the statement.

SELECT bot.optID, bot.valID, optPR, optSYM, valNAME, optNAME, assignID

FROM `bot`

INNER JOIN `mid` ON mid.valID = bot.valID

INNER JOIN `top` ON top.opID = bot.optID

WHERE product = 'productID' ORDER BY optNAME, valNAME ASC;