Installation error log file

Guest sunny77

Guest sunny77

Hi there,

Is there any error log file generated when installing CC? I have problems with the installation of CC v3.0.7-pl1 (auto method). After step nr 3 i get a blank screen. When I reload the page it passes to step nr 4, but there's an information within, that "The config file could not be written" and I can't figure out the problem. Or maybe there's other way to check what's wrong?

sunny

Guest sunny77

Hi,

I've downloaded the lates version of CCv3 but I still couldn't pass the auto method installation process. I've tried to do it the manual way. The files were generated, I've successfuly imported dump.sql to my database, but I still get the totally BLANK screen when trying to load the page. All the permissions are set correctly, the 'install/' directory is deleted and I have no more ideas of what is wrong without any error message... :yeahhh:

P.S. Is CCv3 compatible with PHP5 & MySQL5?

sunny77

Guest sunny77

Are you using Linux or Windows server?

Linux (Debian 4.0r3)

Are you sure the index.php file is uploaded

Yes. I don't get an error message that the file is missing, I just get a completely blank screen :yeahhh:

did your FTP client report any errors during upload as files can become corrupt or time out if you have tried to upload too many files at once.

It reported at first, but then I did a partial upload and it's fine.

Maybe something should be fixed in the configuration of MySQL, PHP or Apache? I'll be greatful for any clue.

sunny

Can you tell us what your global.inc.php settings are? They might look like:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/dir/dir/dir/yourspace/htdocs';  // <- No trailing slash!

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';  / <= Single slash for root directory installation.

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.yourstore.com';  // <= No trailing slash!

Guest sunny77

Hi,

It seems to be OK

$glob['rootDir'] = '/var/www/store';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/store/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.example.com/store';

The problem must be somewhere else... :yeahhh:

Did you tell us 'www.example.com' as what the value looks like here, or does this variable actually have 'www.example.com' as its value. The value for this variable should be the actual domain name of your store.

If your store's files are that close to the server root, this must be your own (personal or dedicated) server box. If that's the case, put the common file, phpinfo.php in your store's directory and see if your box will even show php files. Or if you can even connect to the server. Tell us more of this server box. Is it inside your office's LAN? Is it a (virtual) dedicated hosted box outside your LAN? Do you have 'mod_security' switched on for Apache?

If this is your own LAMP/CC, you may have PHP set to not display errors, but to only log them. Find your PHP error log and see if there are any hints in there.

Guest sunny77

Hi,

If your store's files are that close to the server root, this must be your own (personal or dedicated) server box. If that's the case, put the common file, phpinfo.php in your store's directory and see if your box will even show php files.

Well... when I tried to load phpinfo.php I got a blank screen also, although some other standard PHP pages were viewed as they should be... I searched for the answer in the documentation, and now I'm really confused, cause I didn't yet changed anything, all I did was to restart Apache server and the CC started to work... so I still don't know what was the problem :rolleyes: Anyway, now it works, thank U very much for your time and advices. ^_^

sunny