No .htaccess file

SE friendly URL's won't work. Many forum posts say to upload the .htaccess file.

There isn't an .htaccess file included in the zip of V4.2.1 I downloaded and can't find anywhere on the forum that says what should be listed in the file.

Can someone point me in the direction of the missing file or tell me what should be in it?

Thanks

Doh!

Just gone back to the store and refreshed the page and the .htaccess info has now appeared.

I have to say that have noticed this version caches pages more readily than version 3. Have been changing the way the navigation is viewed by non-administrators and have to keep refreshing the pages to view the changes.

I suppose my next task will be to add lots of refresh code to the pages!

Guest RenateH

Wow, something I actually know the answer to. In general admin, there is an option to install an htaccess file in the section where you set your seo stuff. It's a button in the middle.

Renate

SE friendly URL's won't work. Many forum posts say to upload the .htaccess file.

There isn't an .htaccess file included in the zip of V4.2.1 I downloaded and can't find anywhere on the forum that says what should be listed in the file.

Can someone point me in the direction of the missing file or tell me what should be in it?

Thanks

Doh!

Just gone back to the store and refreshed the page and the .htaccess info has now appeared.

I have to say that have noticed this version caches pages more readily than version 3. Have been changing the way the navigation is viewed by non-administrators and have to keep refreshing the pages to view the changes.

I suppose my next task will be to add lots of refresh code to the pages!

Guest hennaboy

You could also clear your cache folder and refresh the website. I have problems with my website getting cached. Seems to be more an issue with my ISP and IE7 rather than CC4 itself. I use FF2 instead :homestar: