IonCube / Zend

Guest holney

Guest holney

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to install the demo version of CubeCart Version 4

It is a requirement of this version to use PHP5

My hosting help say Zend is installed with all Linux packages but will not work with PHP5!

So I thought I'd try ionCube

I edited my include/global.inc.php to ionCube and got this message:

Site error: the file /home/content/h/e/l/helenolneyim/html/Shop/admin_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

I went to the ionCube site and tried downloading ionCube for Linux (x86) and uploading it. Same message. I also tried Linux (x86-64) - again same problem.

My hosting is with http://www.myglobal-id.com/

If anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Guest hennaboy

Did you have a look at the ioncube help file? look in the directory and there is a ioncube help page....look at that in a browser and see what it says...may shed some more light on the problem!

Guest holney

Did you have a look at the ioncube help file? look in the directory and there is a ioncube help page....look at that in a browser and see what it says...may shed some more light on the problem!

Many thanks for your reply. I did look at the help. It said:

Analysis of your system configuration shows:

PHP 5.2.5

Operating System: Linux

Threaded PHP: No

php.ini file: /web/conf/php5.ini

Required Loader: ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I believe my hosting myGlobal-Id are one of GoDaddy's resellers (I think).

They say Zend only works on PHP4 and not PHP5.

I have installed ioncube in:

www.mysite/Shop/ioncube/

but I still get this error:

Site error: the file /home/content/h/e/l/helenolneyim/html/Shop/admin_enc_ion.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator

I added this line to the top of my php.ini file:

zend_extension = /home/content/h/e/l/helenolneyim/html/Shop/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I wasn't sure if this was the right path. I also tried:

zend_extension = /Shop/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

but still the same message.

The ini file I refer to here is php.ini in my root. I note that the ioncube help refer to /web/conf/php5.ini but I can't see this.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Guest Brivtech

You are right that you are using a GoDaddy reseller, so everything that applies to GoDaddy applies to them. By the way, Zend works on GoDaddy but only for php4. As you need php5 to use CubeCart 4.x, use ioncube instead, which is what you were trying to do.

1. its the Linux (x86) that's relevant:

In that zip file that you downloaded, make sure that ALL files within that zip package have been uploaded, even if they don't seem relevant.

2. Have you created a php5.ini file?

It should look something like this:

register_globals = off

allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off

max_input_time = 60

variables_order = "EGPCS"

extension_dir = ./

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

precision = 12

SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

# [Zend]

# zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so

# zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

[ioncube]

zend_extension = /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

Obviously, you need to change the path in my example to your own path.

3. Check ioncube files

You should now check the ioncube files are configured and uploaded correctly. To do this, type into your web browser:

www.example.com/ioncube/ioncube-encoded-file.php

obviously changing example with your own domain name.

If you get the success message, you're ready to proceed with your cubecart installation. If not, you've messed up one of the above steps.

Guest holney

Thanks a million - that worked a treat. Very clear, helpful instructions. Hurrah!

Now it's saying:

Software License Error #5

Your license key has expired.

It's the 30 day demo and I definitely didn't install it over 30 days ago but I will search the forums and post a separate topic if necessary.

Thanks again

• 3 years later...

You are right that you are using a GoDaddy reseller, so everything that applies to GoDaddy applies to them. By the way, Zend works on GoDaddy but only for php4. As you need php5 to use CubeCart 4.x, use ioncube instead, which is what you were trying to do.

1. its the Linux (x86) that's relevant:

In that zip file that you downloaded, make sure that ALL files within that zip package have been uploaded, even if they don't seem relevant.

2. Have you created a php5.ini file?

It should look something like this:

register_globals = off

allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off

max_input_time = 60

variables_order = "EGPCS"

extension_dir = ./

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

precision = 12

SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net

url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

# [Zend]

# zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so

# zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so

[ioncube]

zend_extension = /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

Obviously, you need to change the path in my example to your own path.

3. Check ioncube files

You should now check the ioncube files are configured and uploaded correctly. To do this, type into your web browser:

www.example.com/ioncube/ioncube-encoded-file.php

obviously changing example with your own domain name.

If you get the success message, you're ready to proceed with your cubecart installation. If not, you've messed up one of the above steps.

Dang, i've done all this, and ioncube says it's installed right, but i can't get my store to come up:

Warning: require_once(admin_enc_ion.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/c/a/t/catholichost/html/store/admin.php on line 44

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'admin_enc_ion.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/c/a/t/catholichost/html/store/admin.php on line 44