Dreamhost and CC4

I am looking to upgrade to Cubecart 4, however, I have CC 3.0.13 currently running on dreamhost just fine. However, I noticed that the requirements have changed for cubecart 4.

My admin window in CC3 says:

PHP Version: 4.4.8

MySQL Version: 5.0.67-log

Server Software: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.4.8 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16

But somewhere on my dreamhost page it said they do support PHP 5, why does it not show this on my CC3 admin?

Am I capable of running CC4? How can I find out for sure??

Guest Brivtech

You can download a trial version of CC4 and install it in a different folder so it doesn't conflict with your existing installation, and that way you get 30 days to play around with it and see if it'll work with your current hosting.... ... or not.

I am looking to upgrade to Cubecart 4, however, I have CC 3.0.13 currently running on dreamhost just fine. However, I noticed that the requirements have changed for cubecart 4.

My admin window in CC3 says:

PHP Version: 4.4.8

MySQL Version: 5.0.67-log

Server Software: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.4.8 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16

But somewhere on my dreamhost page it said they do support PHP 5, why does it not show this on my CC3 admin?

Am I capable of running CC4? How can I find out for sure??

I'm running it on Dreamhost without any problems <_<

• 2 months later...
Guest ZUKOdesigns

For the newest version of cubecart 4, you will need to upgrade to php 5.1 in your dreamhost webpanel. They have a wiki on how to do this, and it is literally just a drop down menu change. However - once you upgrade to 5.1, you cannot go back! This may stop your current store from working so test it out before you commit.

Before doing anything - run the compatibility test provided in the newest version of cubecart. That will tell you what is missing that is necessary to operate cubecart 4.2.3.