editconf.php gives me an error message

Guest sunshine5555

Guest sunshine5555

I get the following message when I open the admin to my store and when I try to use the editconf.php file.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare detectssl() (previously declared in /home2/sunshine/public_html/sunshinehorsesdesigns.com/store/includes/functions.inc.php:36) in /home2/sunshine/public_html/sunshinehorsesdesigns.com/store/admin/includes/functions.inc.php on line 217

I just want to reset my SSL since I had to change servers.

Thanks for any help.

Guest sunshine5555

Did you put editconf in the root folder of your web space, or in the Admin folder? Be sure it's in the root folder.

Yes I did. I really do not want to go to the work of completely rebuilding this store. It will takes days and I will have to look up tons of info on each item. Does anyone have any idea what this error is??

Here's the problem that's stopping me from helping...

The error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare detectssl() (previously declared in ...) in .../store/admin/includes/functions.inc.php on line 217

tells me that there is a "detectssl" statement on line 217 in the file /admin/includes/functions.inc.php.

My copy of that file has no such statement. Please compare the file you have in this folder with a corresponding copy from an installation package.

If necessary, copy that file from the installation package to /admin/includes/ over-writing what was there.

I get the following message when I open the admin to my store and when I try to use the editconf.php file.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare detectssl() (previously declared in /home2/sunshine/public_html/sunshinehorsesdesigns.com/store/includes/functions.inc.php:36) in /home2/sunshine/public_html/sunshinehorsesdesigns.com/store/admin/includes/functions.inc.php on line 217

I just want to reset my SSL since I had to change servers.

Thanks for any help.

This happened to me too. I finally had to download and install the latest version of 3.0.18 to get back into my site. Now editconf.php works OK.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunshine5555

Sorry, I am just getting back here. Thanks for the advise. I had thought I would have to re-install, but I really hate it as I then have to re-build the store. Oh well, that is a job for today ;)