No Shipping For Friends

Guest soulmanmtl

Guest soulmanmtl

Hey

Maybe Im just dumb but cant figure out how. I have just set up PayPal so people pay with it. We are just starting so at first we were just having the credit cards details, charging them manually so when a friend was buying an item from me, I could edit the order so there is no shipping although he had to choose one when ordering. After editing the price without shipping, his card was charged the right amount and i was handing him the item by hand. But now with paypal, the card is charged straight away. So the shipping cost is charged. Anybody knows how I could have my friends not charged for the shipping since Im handing it to them personally.

TIA

Seems only MODS can do that....so I bought one....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

Maybe Im just dumb but cant figure out how. I have just set up PayPal so people pay with it. We are just starting so at first we were just having the credit cards details, charging them manually so when a friend was buying an item from me, I could edit the order so there is no shipping although he had to choose one when ordering. After editing the price without shipping, his card was charged the right amount and i was handing him the item by hand. But now with paypal, the card is charged straight away. So the shipping cost is charged. Anybody knows how I could have my friends not charged for the shipping since Im handing it to them personally.

TIA

Not sure which mod you bought but I think the postage side of CubeCart is one of the poorest areas within an otherwise great product. Almost every site I install for clients I install a great postage mod called "All in One Shipping" which is written by a third party company and details can be found by searching in google or over at the commercial forums.

Regards

Ian

Guest soulmanmtl

Hey

TIA

Not sure which mod you bought but I think the postage side of CubeCart is one of the poorest areas within an otherwise great product. Almost every site I install for clients I install a great postage mod called "All in One Shipping" which is written by a third party company and details can be found by searching in google or over at the commercial forums.

Regards

Ian

Hey Ian

I know which mod youre talking about but it was a bit too much for me meaning that I didnt need all the features of it. So I went for the Coupon Enhancement bnecause of course, like you said, great program but some flaws, like not having the possibility to give free shipping Coupons originally but have to install a mod for it to have a free shipping coupon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ian

I know which mod youre talking about but it was a bit too much for me meaning that I didnt need all the features of it. So I went for the Coupon Enhancement bnecause of course, like you said, great program but some flaws, like not having the possibility to give free shipping Coupons originally but have to install a mod for it to have a free shipping coupon.

That mod should do what you want to do so not sure why you asked the question. Or were you just making the point that you feel that standard CubeCart should do this ?

Ian

Guest cntbill

Hey

TIA

Not sure if this is what you are running up against, but I ran into a similar problem with Paypal automatically adding shipping cost. In your paypal account there is a place where you can turn this on or off and edit the details. You may want to have a look at that. Sorry I don't know the exact part on paypal, it's a bit berried.