Error on Install

Hello everyone,

I am just trying to install the trial of ccv4 onto my webserver running plesk. I have coppied all of the files to the server and modified the global.inc file to have all the database and store settings but when i try and access the store (either directly through url or to the /setup page) i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filter_var() in /var/www/vhosts/cc/httpdocs/ini.inc.php on line 234

The website wont load the setup, just that error. Can anyone help?

Thank you,

knightd-bridge

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function filter_var() in /var/www/purewool.co.za/Store/ini.inc.php on line 234

I cannot seem to get it fixed either

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi

This means that you are both on a hosting environment that doesnt support php 5.2.0 which is needed for latest versions of CubeCart

You can check the php-version by creating a simple php file with the following in it, then call the file directly from your browser.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

You need your hosting company to upgrade the version of php on your server (unlikely to happen !) to contact a hosting company that supports this as standard !!

Contact me if you need further help

Ian

Hi

This means that you are both on a hosting environment that doesnt support php 5.2.0 which is needed for latest versions of CubeCart

You can check the php-version by creating a simple php file with the following in it, then call the file directly from your browser.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

You need your hosting company to upgrade the version of php on your server (unlikely to happen !) to contact a hosting company that supports this as standard !!

Contact me if you need further help

Ian

Thanks Ian, I just checked the version of PHP on the web server and it is PHP Version 5.2.8-pl2-gentoo

I also have:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:

Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2008 Zend Technologies

with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.1.32, Copyright © 2002-2007, by ionCube Ltd.

I must admit Cubecart is starting to give me a headache, I have never battled like this to set something as simple as an e-commerce site up before, I thought this would be easy for my client to use once I have set it up but am worried that wont be the case :)

Hi

Thanks Ian, I just checked the version of PHP on the web server and it is PHP Version 5.2.8-pl2-gentoo

I must admit Cubecart is starting to give me a headache, I have never battled like this to set something as simple as an e-commerce site up before, I thought this would be easy for my client to use once I have set it up but am worried that wont be the case :)

It seems that the filter module isnt installed in the version of php on that server, which it should be as standard above 5.2.0. Unless you have shell access to the server, you cant check this yourself though.

Cubecart is generally a very easy product to install and upgrade but you do have to have a compatible hosting environment !

Best wishes

Ian