How to use Protx (SagePay)

Guest aguser

Guest aguser

Hi all,

I was wondering if any CC users can give me advice on using Protx/SagePay with CC4

I have a VPS hosting account with a SSL cert. Can I use Protx so that payments are taken on my site and customer never leaves my site?

If so, how does this work?

Does CC store the credit card details somewhere? can customers re-use their credit card details or do they need to re-enter again? Are the details in an encrypted form etc or something else (Basically will it be PCI compliant).

Finally, I couldn't find a list of countries protx accepts payment from, anyone know?

Any and all help much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi there

I use Protx / SagePay for all of my carts and many of my customers use them as well. Never had any problems and would always recommend them.

Why do you want to store the credit details ? There are rarely any good reasons for wanting to store them and plenty of reasons not to.

The standrad interface between CubeCart and Protx doesnt store the credit card details and it would always take you offsite to their payment gateway to take payment before returning the client to your cart. I believe the only way that you could do this (which a couple of clients do for occasional orders) would be to configure the Print Order Form and then process the transaction manually using the Protx Terminal interface. You will need a second merchant account to be able to do this though

Regards

Ian

Guest aguser

Thanks for the reply :(

I don't actually want to store the credit card details but thought CC might if you do something like "Sage Pay Server" or "Sage Pay Direct" method (the methods where customers stay on your site and make payments from within your site). Is this something you have used before?

I have found on a few occasions that customers do not always like the idea of leaving your site to make a payment and then returning back. They simply abandon the cart and we're left with a pending order to either follow up or cancel. This is very frustrating when you are busy with many orders.

I'm wanting to find a way of using CC where I'm never left with pending orders and customers stay on my site when making payments, is this possible?

• 1 month later...
Guest commotion

YOu can use SagePay direct as far as I am aware but do bear in mind this will mean you need to be PCi complaint and that can be very expensive. And if you are thinking pci compliance does not apply because you do not store card details you would be wrong. SagePay have a solution called Sage Pay Go with Server integration. Basically unlike SagePay forms, this solution uses a iframe to keep user on your site whilst avoiding PCI complaince

Besides audits, its unlikely anyone with a low cost shared server environment would have suitable hosting and depending on transaction volume you could end up needing seperaete servers for web, mail and database. Add the audits etc and you can quickly be into £1000's.

PCI applies from end of september and the banks could fine you if you don't comply

I dont know if Sage Pay Go with Server integration is available with Cubecart however

Thanks for the reply :yeahhh:

I don't actually want to store the credit card details but thought CC might if you do something like "Sage Pay Server" or "Sage Pay Direct" method (the methods where customers stay on your site and make payments from within your site). Is this something you have used before?

I have found on a few occasions that customers do not always like the idea of leaving your site to make a payment and then returning back. They simply abandon the cart and we're left with a pending order to either follow up or cancel. This is very frustrating when you are busy with many orders.

I'm wanting to find a way of using CC where I'm never left with pending orders and customers stay on my site when making payments, is this possible?

Are you sure that the cart is being abandoned at this point and for this reason ? Do the number of abandoned carts justify the huge extra expense ? Many people use online shopping carts in the same way that people go window shopping - they never have any intention of making a purchase

Guest aguser

Yep, I'm very sure. We look at stats a lot and follow up customer replies.

Since raising this topic we have started using PayPal pro and the number of abandoned carts has reduced A LOT. This can be further reduced I'm sure if the stupid PayPal Pro module only took orders on our site and not also give customers a chance to pay via Paypal website (they see this Paypal logo which is big enough to take focus on page and end up going to Paypal site instead of paying by card on our site).