Support Question

Guest John Wade

Guest John Wade

I'm hoping for a little input. I did read that the creators of this product may or may not monitor the list and I understand why but I'd hoped for an answer to my shipping problem from more experienced users. I'm sure it must be a configuration oversight on my part as I'm new to the shopping cart/ecommerce world. Never the less, people are busy and sometimes newbie questions are frustrating when the answer is obvious to the more experienced so I posted a job on a freelancer site. Doing a search for people with Cubecart experience on the freelance site turned up no one. I received two bids both ducked my requirement that they have experience with this problem. Both quoted just short of the cost of upgrading to 4.0 where I understand I would get some technical support. How much I don't know but surely enough to solve my problem. I may be wrong as to the difficulty of solving my problem but as I just have one product and no special needs. One price, one flat rate shipping and on to Pay Pal so I suspect the bids were fishing thinking that this is my first rodeo. My question is am I posing my questions to the list incorrectly? Is it worth upgrading to the paid version? I'd planned on that anyway if things worked out for a few months on the 3.0 but I'm loathe to waste money if program won't meet my meager needs which I'm sure it will but more importantly if the technical support on the 4.0 isn't going be able to quickly resolve the shipping and should I have a problem linking up with Paypal.

I'm hoping for a little input. I did read that the creators of this product may or may not monitor the list and I understand why but I'd hoped for an answer to my shipping problem from more experienced users. I'm sure it must be a configuration oversight on my part as I'm new to the shopping cart/ecommerce world. Never the less, people are busy and sometimes newbie questions are frustrating when the answer is obvious to the more experienced so I posted a job on a freelancer site. Doing a search for people with Cubecart experience on the freelance site turned up no one. I received two bids both ducked my requirement that they have experience with this problem. Both quoted just short of the cost of upgrading to 4.0 where I understand I would get some technical support. How much I don't know but surely enough to solve my problem. I may be wrong as to the difficulty of solving my problem but as I just have one product and no special needs. One price, one flat rate shipping and on to Pay Pal so I suspect the bids were fishing thinking that this is my first rodeo. My question is am I posing my questions to the list incorrectly? Is it worth upgrading to the paid version? I'd planned on that anyway if things worked out for a few months on the 3.0 but I'm loathe to waste money if program won't meet my meager needs which I'm sure it will but more importantly if the technical support on the 4.0 isn't going be able to quickly resolve the shipping and should I have a problem linking up with Paypal.

Hi John

The product authors do sometimes come onto these forums and also sometimes answer questions, however they are primarily provided as a way for customers to interact. Purchasing a V4 licence would get you access to technical support from the authors as part of the package (30 days for a Full licence) after that additional support would need to purchased. I personally always recommend my clients purchase the V4 licence - it has a huge amount of additional functionality over V3.

You dont actually say what your current problem with shipping is

Regards

Ian