Categories not showing in "Shop by Category"

Guest Online Creations

Guest Online Creations

Yesterday the Shop by Category box stopped showing the Categories. There are 9 categories and only "Homepage" and "Sale Items" categories are showing in the Shop by Category box.

If I login to Admin - View Categories - Click on Save Order - I get "Failed to update category.".

tried to add a new category, the new category doesn't show either.

Does anyone else had this problem? and if so, do you know how to fix it?

CubeCart Version: 4.0.3

PHP Version: 4.4.8

MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard-log

Thanks in advance

Jannette

Yesterday the Shop by Category box stopped showing the Categories. There are 9 categories and only "Homepage" and "Sale Items" categories are showing in the Shop by Category box.

If I login to Admin - View Categories - Click on Save Order - I get "Failed to update category.".

tried to add a new category, the new category doesn't show either.

Does anyone else had this problem? and if so, do you know how to fix it?

CubeCart Version: 4.0.3

PHP Version: 4.4.8

MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard-log

Thanks in advance

Jannette

Hi Jannette

Ideally you should be looking to upgrade as that is a very old version of CubeCart but you obviously may have mods installed and would also need to get the latest version of php installed as already mentioned.

However, in order to get this working again for you, what changes have you made in the last few days - something has obviously changed in order for this to suddenly stop working

Regards

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jannette

I chased up the upgrading of PHP to Version 5 - they will charge me around $450 to do it every year. So I don't like that option. I'll have to look around at other hosts. In the mean time does anyone have any other ideas how to get the categories fixed/showing?

I can't recall anything changing (although I agree something must have). I have no idea what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jannette

I chased up the upgrading of PHP to Version 5 - they will charge me around $450 to do it every year.
That's ridicules. They will have to upgrade to PHP5 anyway at some point, they should have done it already.

Change hosting.