just some customers have errors

We have been running a website with cube cart now for some time and over the years we get calls from some customers saying that when selecting a size then adding to basket nothing happens?

Also the login is not shown at the top right of site. Any ideas we cant find what's doing this . We ask about browser etc and still does not seem to be a common cause .

remember that some of these customers know little about it so it is very difficult to gain information from them. so if anyone can take a quick look for me and tell me if any issues are there then report what browser what firewall and spy software they have if they are unable to see the login / register at top right and are unable to add to basket I would be saved .

our cubecart has mods from Estelle and convict plus some own in house dev . www.shoe-envy.co.uk ..feedback please

Matt

We have been running a website with cube cart now for some time and over the years we get calls from some customers saying that when selecting a size then adding to basket nothing happens?

Also the login is not shown at the top right of site. Any ideas we cant find what's doing this . We ask about browser etc and still does not seem to be a common cause .

remember that some of these customers know little about it so it is very difficult to gain information from them. so if anyone can take a quick look for me and tell me if any issues are there then report what browser what firewall and spy software they have if they are unable to see the login / register at top right and are unable to add to basket I would be saved .

our cubecart has mods from Estelle and convict plus some own in house dev . www.shoe-envy.co.uk ..feedback please

Matt

Hi Matt

Seems to work fine for me on IE8 and IE7 although the display doesnt work properly on IE6 or earlier. Also tested with FF3 and everything seems OK. Chrome works for the issues that you mention but your scrolling list of top brands doesnt work with this browser.

It looks like you have a variety of browser related issues across a few different browsers that you need to look at but I couldnt reproduce any of the errors that you are reporting with the browser versions that I have

Regards

Ian

Matt

Hi Matt

Seems to work fine for me on IE8 and IE7 although the display doesnt work properly on IE6 or earlier. Also tested with FF3 and everything seems OK. Chrome works for the issues that you mention but your scrolling list of top brands doesnt work with this browser.

It looks like you have a variety of browser related issues across a few different browsers that you need to look at but I couldnt reproduce any of the errors that you are reporting with the browser versions that I have

Regards

Ian

Ok Thanks for your reply and feedback Ian I hope soon we can nail this bad boy

Matt

Matt

Hi Matt

Regards

Ian

Ok Thanks for your reply and feedback Ian I hope soon we can nail this bad boy

Matt

ok i found what the problem was

http://fragged.org/cubecart-problems-no-sh...-users_782.html

seems its the spiders.txt file and sessions

Hi

Good work finding this post - he only submitted it yesterday. It does explain why it is an intermittant problem but also could be causing a lot of missed sales. However it also shows that it isnt that difficult to fix. I will drop an email to the Cubecart team just in case they arent aware of this

Regards

Ian

Hi

I have spoken to the people at CubeCart about this and you shouldnt believe everything you read on the web. There have been some nasty articles posted recently regarding CubeCart and several of these article writers, even when presented with evidence to the contrary, refuse to change their viewpoint or posting - vested interest maybe, who knows ! Many of them are not even doing their reviews using a current version of the software. Does CubeCart have bugs, yes of course it does the same as any other software product but I have found that when they are reported in the correct way, they are fixed quickly.

That being said, there was an issue exactly as described but unlike this article says, it has been fixed recently and is no longer a problem in the current version. It is very easy to sort out anyway even if you cant just upgrade to the latest version, by just taking the spiders.txt from the latest release and over writing the current version on your server.

I havent tested this myself as I have never seen the issue but it should be easy enough to try it !

Regards

Ian