Error in Cubecart when trying to Export Inventory

Guest ChrisA

Guest ChrisA

When i press Export Catalogue in CubeCart I get the following error:-

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 77594624 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/power4la/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 65

Anyone know why this is? Is it a problem with CubeCart or my server?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 77594624 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/power4la/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 65

Hi Chris

This seems a common theme at the moment and is caused by the default PHP memory_limit setting being set too low by your hosting company. This is set globally for the server although a few hosting companies do allow you to change this for your own hosting account. If you arent allowed to change it yourself (you need to check with them) then it is very unlikely that they would change it globally across the server as it would then affect every hosted domain on the server. If you cant change it, then you will need to look for another hosting company that either has a higher server default limit or allows you to change it per domain - as we do !!

What version of CubeCart are you running and how many products are in your store ?

regards

Ian

Guest ChrisA

Hi Chris

This seems a common theme at the moment and is caused by the default PHP memory_limit setting being set too low by your hosting company. This is set globally for the server although a few hosting companies do allow you to change this for your own hosting account. If you arent allowed to change it yourself (you need to check with them) then it is very unlikely that they would change it globally across the server as it would then affect every hosted domain on the server. If you cant change it, then you will need to look for another hosting company that either has a higher server default limit or allows you to change it per domain - as we do !!

What version of CubeCart are you running and how many products are in your store ?

regards

Ian

Thanks for the reply, Ian. I am running Cubecart Version 4.3.0. I sell laptop adapters and I need to sell them by make & model of laptop so I have 21,141 products.

Chris

Hi Chris

regards

Ian

Thanks for the reply, Ian. I am running Cubecart Version 4.3.0. I sell laptop adapters and I need to sell them by make & model of laptop so I have 21,141 products.

Chris

Hi Chris

The number of products is going to be the problem then, coupled with the way that the catalogue export function works, it is using up the allocated memory for your website / domain even though this is double the normal default value of 32MB. Only solution is to find out if you are able to manually change it yourself or to move.

Regards

Ian

Guest ChrisA

Hi Chris

regards

Ian

Chris

Hi Chris

The number of products is going to be the problem then, coupled with the way that the catalogue export function works, it is using up the allocated memory for your website / domain even though this is double the normal default value of 32MB. Only solution is to find out if you are able to manually change it yourself or to move.

Regards

Ian

OK I contacted the hosting people and they have put it right up to 180 and i'm still getting an error message:-

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 188743680 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1073 bytes) in /home/power4la/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 65

They say no script should need this much memory. Do you still think it's a problem with the server or is it a problem with cubecart?

Thanks

Chris

OK I contacted the hosting people and they have put it right up to 180 and i'm still getting an error message:-

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 188743680 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1073 bytes) in /home/power4la/public_html/classes/db/db.php on line 65

They say no script should need this much memory. Do you still think it's a problem with the server or is it a problem with cubecart?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I havent looked in detail at that code and may take a look tomorrow as I am now interested myself. You do have a lot of products and I dont know many people that use that functionality at all. I do have one application that needs 256MB memory allocated to it but that is pretty exceptional and I would guess that there is a bit of bad coding here that has probably never been found because nobody has ever looked to export this number of products before.

regards

Ian