Nonsecure items in https basket

Guest jamble

Guest jamble

I wonder if anyone can help, I've searched a lot and found very little covering what I'd thought would be an important topic!

I've got an ssl certificate set up and working fine but I find that when a product is added to my basket, I get the little browser notice saying the page contains both secure and nonsecure items when I view my cart.

I've had a look and there is a background image in my css, an image in the cart.tpl template and the cubecart site logo I uploaded showing as the 3 nonsecure items.

Is there any way to set these so they're shown as secure?

Thanks!

I wonder if anyone can help, I've searched a lot and found very little covering what I'd thought would be an important topic!

I've got an ssl certificate set up and working fine but I find that when a product is added to my basket, I get the little browser notice saying the page contains both secure and nonsecure items when I view my cart.

I've had a look and there is a background image in my css, an image in the cart.tpl template and the cubecart site logo I uploaded showing as the 3 nonsecure items.

Is there any way to set these so they're shown as secure?

Thanks!

What is the url of your store ? If you are getting insecure warning messages it is because from a secure page one (or more) of your images is being called with an absolute path starting with http://

Depending on the skin you are using some of the image paths may have been coded this way but could be changed to give a relative path and then you wouldnt get the warning message

Regards

Ian

Guest jamble

How did you find the offending code?

I have a similar problem but cannot find the offending item(s).

Ended up submitting a support ticket (decided to buy support to sort it!).

However, if you use firefox and have firebug installed you should be able to click on the padlock icon in firefox at the bottom of the browser then it will open a popup showing the various elements of your page which are causing the problem. This seemed to identify images and css but in my case, didn't pick up the tracking code javascript.

Thanks for that, I';; give it a try and see

The first place to look is in index.tpl and cart.tpl (depending on where you are getting the problem) and look for any paths (images, css or anything else like javascript) that begins http:// If there is nothing in either of those two files, then you need to look at any other file that you have changed.

Replace the fully qualified path with a relative path and that will solve the problem. Standard CubeCart doesnt have any of these issues so it is always something that you have added (javascript tracking for example) or in a skin (several places it could be but most likely in your stylesheets)

regards

Ian

Found the offending code was in fact the stats tracking javascript file!

By the way what stats tracking are you using where you had to add code ? Why not use the built in Google analytics which is better than anything else that I have found

regards

Ian